Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Needing an Authorize.net account

MarkSavage

Needing an Authorize.net account

Does anyone know of a merchant account provider that uses Authorize.net as their gateway. I'm having some problems at one of my sites (www.lpsg.org) and I think many of the problems could be solved if I had an Authorize.net account.

It's a long story. :bomb:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Im not 100% on this but i think Netbilling may be able to help you

Try shooting an email over to mitch@netbilling.com

Regards,

Lee

MarkSavage
    Thanks, Lee. I didn't see anything on Netbilling's site, but I'll get in touch with them and find out for sure.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Netbilling seems to get a lot of praize

on the other hand, I had no idea Authrozie was involved with adult

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Authorize.net specifically prohibits adult. This applies to both physical product sales (DVDs, toys, etc) and subscriptions.

I found this out from one of our merchant account providers, and then recently confirmed it with another provider, who swore it wasn't true but then called them to confirm and called me back to say it is so.

So... I would recommend using somebody else. I think that eprocessingnetwork.com is adult friendly and they have an authorize.net compatibility mode, so it looks like authorize.net to your software... and I'm told that Verisign Payflo is also adult-friendly.

Hope that helps.

MarkSavage
    Thanks. I do currently use eProcessing, but there's still a problem in trying to emulate Authorize.net at the board/gallery that I'm using (Invision Power Board).

I think I'm just going to put the gallery behind Mancheck and be done with it.

bndguyinla

Merchant Account Providers?

Guys can you recommend some banks to contact that will do adult merchant accounts? We're having a hard time finding one that's not scared of adult content.

Thanks...

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    If you're talking membership sites and US-based processors, my understanding is there are several that used to take them and their existing customers are grandfathered, but I'm not aware of any that are actively taking new applications. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)

There are a number of outside-the-US options, but all require a pretty large volume (50-100K/month) before they will talk to you.

If you're talking physical product (toys, DVDs, etc) it's a tiny bit easier, but even there, I've been hearing that there aren't many (if any) US processors taking new adult customers. Which is silly, because we, for example, have had exactly 1 chargeback on $60,000 worth of business, so it's obviously not really a risk issue.

MarkSavage
    I've been hearing that there aren't many (if any) US processors taking new adult customers. Which is silly, because we, for example, have had exactly 1 chargeback on $60,000 worth of business, so it's obviously not really a risk issue. [/B]
    Same here - I've had at least 1000 transactions, and 1 chargeback. The next time some dweeb at a bank tells you that they don't accept adult businesses because of "chargebacks", tell them that it's a myth, pure and simple! It's also just a way for them to discriminate against us, without coming out and saying that they're uncomfortable with sexual content.

Anyway, if you need a merchant account, I highly recommend calling Joe Montella at Merchant Services USA. His number is 1-888-997-5174. Just tell him that Mark Savage referred you and he'll probably have you approved within 24 hours.

Serving the adult and gay communities since 1998
    Quote Originally Posted by boyfunk
    If you're talking membership sites and US-based processors, my understanding is there are several that used to take them and their existing customers are grandfathered, but I'm not aware of any that are actively taking new applications. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)

There are a number of outside-the-US options, but all require a pretty large volume (50-100K/month) before they will talk to you.

If you're talking physical product (toys, DVDs, etc) it's a tiny bit easier, but even there, I've been hearing that there aren't many (if any) US processors taking new adult customers. Which is silly, because we, for example, have had exactly 1 chargeback on $60,000 worth of business, so it's obviously not really a risk issue.
    Hi,

I just saw this post even though it is old.
    We can certainly help with all of your merchant account and processing needs. We work with several domestic banks and offshore as well.

Please contact our sales department...

Toll Free within the US: (888)357-8166
    Outside the US: (661)252-2456

We will also be at the Webmaster gathering in Cancun, Phoenix, San Diego, and Florida coming this spring and summer.

Thank you, Mitch Farber

Mitch Farber / CEO / NETbilling, Inc.
    Email: mitch@netbilling.com / Phone: 888-357-8166 / 661-252-2456
    Credit card and ACH processing + 24/7 call center services with exceptional rates and flexibility.

Corey Bryant
    Actually if it is an adult website authorizenet.com will not support it. Verisign, Linkpoint, and 2000charge.com are some other CISP compliant gateways that might give you some support as well.

You might consider using an acquiring bank offshore so you do not have to worry about the registration fees imposed by Visa and MasterCard

Serving the adult and gay communities since 1998
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bryant
    Actually if it is an adult website authorizenet.com will not support it. Verisign, Linkpoint, and 2000charge.com are some other CISP compliant gateways that might give you some support as well.

You might consider using an acquiring bank offshore so you do not have to worry about the registration fees imposed by Visa and MasterCard
    Hi Corey,

Please contact me about becoming a Netbilling referring partner.

Toll Free within the US: (888)357-8166
    Outside the US: (661)252-2456

Thank you, Mitch Farber

Mitch Farber / CEO / NETbilling, Inc.
    Email: mitch@netbilling.com / Phone: 888-357-8166 / 661-252-2456
    Credit card and ACH processing + 24/7 call center services with exceptional rates and flexibility.

GLBTcity

Mechant Accounts/Processing

I'd like to suggest that you take a look at Capital for processing http://www.chargem.com

They use various gateways. AuthorizeNet will not do adult, but VeriSign does. It might not be the best rate, but I got 2.29% through these guys and .25 per transaction.

Good Luck!

Corey Bryant
    Quote Originally Posted by GLBTcity
    I'd like to suggest that you take a look at Capital for processing http://www.chargem.com

They use various gateways. AuthorizeNet will not do adult, but VeriSign does. It might not be the best rate, but I got 2.29% through these guys and .25 per transaction.

Good Luck!
    Was that also for high risk & did you have to pay the registration fee? That registration fee is not necessary actually for a lot of acquiring banks overseas. Usually for adult or high risk it starts about 5% for a merchant account & maybe more if you are going thru a third party processing, along the lines of about 8%

GLBTcity

Capital

The scoop on Capital for Adult Sites:

a) I use VeriSign Virtual Terminal and paid one-time setup of $180 USD.

b) I was able to get 2.29% on the dollar.

c) I pay .25 per transaction.

d) I pay $19.95/month for gateway.

e) I pay $9.95/month statement fee.

(basically $30/month service fee which is typical going rate)

2 business day turn around.

You can link up for real-time processing or do manual entries via the terminal.

I don't know about membership sites however. That seems to be a whole different subject from the posts I'm reading. We don't have a membership site.