Thread: Need suggestions for video and photography equipment

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

Need suggestions for video and photography equipment

We are starting our own content and I need to buy some video and photography equipment. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

JustMe
    Greetings:

We were in your boat about a month ago. We just picked a Nikon Coolpix 8700 Digital Camera and a Sony HDR-FX1 Video Camera.

Soooooooooooooooooo sexy! I can't speaky highly enough about them, and feel like we went with the right choices!

:thumbsup:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I think it depends a lot on your budget and the intended use of what you're shooting.

If you're going to want stills that you can use in print at large sizes (such as full page in a magazine), and you have the budget, I'd go with an SLR that's at least 8 MPixels or better (Canon, Nikon)... the optics seem to be a little better in the SLRs than even the best of the others... and you have the option of buying different lenses for different shooting situations... but they can also get pretty pricey.

I echo JustMe on the coolpix 8700, and have also been really happy with the Olympus midrange (8080) which seem to have unusually good optics for non-SLR cameras.

On the camcorder side, we opted for the Panasonic DVX-100a (about a year ago) after spending forever trying to decide. And the Sony HDR-FX1 would get a very serious look if I were buying today, since HD capability is going to be important in another year or two.

But if you don't want to spend $3500 on a camera, there's also a 3 chip Panasonic, the PV-GVS200, that's under $1000 and has pretty amazing quality.

And then, of course, there's audio, lighting, reflectors, and all that good stuff to think about

For Video Editing, I've got an amazing portable set up.

I've got an iBook 12 inch with Final Cut Pro HD, DVD Studio Pro and Motion, a FireWire connection to my camcorder, a 300 gig external hard drive, an external DVD Burner and the whole thing fits in my carry-on luggage.

Or, of course, you could just get JasunMark to do your video editing, cuz you know..he's really good, comes relatively cheap and according to Andy Mike, has a hot ass.

I'm not gay, Im just a little bit poofy. Ade's Avatar
    Snap... im buying some new equipment and im thinking of gettin the Sony HDR-FX1 after hearing several awesome reviews for it.

As for still camera, a photgrapher friend of mine recommened the Canon EOS 20D. And ive just bought 'Digital Camera Shopper' magazine here in the UK and its got the best review out of all SLR cameras. Sounds like a great buy!!!
    http://www.menatplay.com

Join my super cool affiliate programme!!!
    http://www.pinstripecash.com

here's a spiffy camcorder review site
    http://www.dvspot.com/reviews/cameraList.php

about half the cameras have a link to the professional review. not only is it thorough, but they show clips from each of the reviewed cameras including the camera in different lights, a shake test and a noise test. hope it helps!

Re: Need suggestions for video and photography equipment

Originally posted by IntenseCash.com
    We are starting our own content and I need to buy some video and photography equipment. Any suggestions?
    The best camera review site I've come across on the net ever http://www.dpreview.com/

They even take the same photos with every camera so you can see which camera give the best results. :high:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    While not a producer of content myself i have only ever heard good things about the Sony products.

I know when it becomes time for us to buy the equiptment, Sony is where we will start our search.

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    I need a couple more suggestions on high end video cameras. Thanks everyone for the great suggestions and input so far.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!