Thread: Mainstream stuff

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar

Mainstream stuff

What's hot?

My boyfriend's bro wants to get into webmastering but I had no idea who's who's what In mainstream programs at all

feel free to paste or PM any suggestions and ref links

thx

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Herbal stuff is a good seller if you have the traffic for it.

For someone starting out in mainstream i would suggest having them build sites for something they actually know about, perhaps he has a favorite hobby or something he could put some sites up about?

Forums specific to a topic are a good way for him to build up a traffic base especially if he has friends who have similar interests as him, share the url to his board with them and ask them to post on it.

Then there are the more general orientated topics, movies, books, music, pets, cars etc etc

I would go that type of route but primarily i would suggest he starts with something he is interested in, that he can actually 'write' on a site about, maybe a forum or blog as mentioned.

Commission Junction has a heap of programs that suit almost every topic, as does Dark Blue.

Hope that helps a little

Regards,

Lee

robin
    Exactly like Lee said x 10.

Google Adsense is also a no-brainer for getting started in mainstream sites.

For many of my mainstream sites, I like to use a variety depending on the content and context.

Quite often I'll have a big Adsense ad and a couple of ads from places like commission junction or individual affiliate programs that don't belong to affiliate networks.