Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mpeg split and zipped

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar

I Wonder? Mpeg split and zipped

G'day all,
    Is there some wonderful but "simple" program out there which takes a large sized mpeg, splits it up into equal parts and if possible even creates zips of each split. In other words want to end up with roughly equal mpegs files in size.

Check out Boilsoft.com . They have a pretty sweet little file splitter. It doesn't zip them but its fast and easy.

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar
    Thanks MWCren, anyone else got any suggestions ?

As a rough guide when say you have a 55mb mpeg video - do you offer both the 55mp video plus another option to download it in smaller files too ? And when its smaller files what on average is the maximum you provide ? eg: 2mp or more or less etc ?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    This sounds like something Jasun would know about.

Jasun, where you at boy?

Regards,

Lee

Thanks Lee, hopefully he or someone can 42 people looked todate and only 2 todate can help

if you want more control over your split sizes, Vegas Video is supposed to be one of the best video editing pieces of software around, but it takes some effort to learn and use so might not be what you are looking for.

cheers,
    Luke

So Luke you mean because im stupid its too complicated for me so i should look for something user friendly

Originally posted by peterf
    So Luke you mean because im stupid its too complicated for me so i should look for something user friendly
    Luke didn't call you stupid ... your original post requested information on a "simple" program ... he merely stated that the one he was mentioning was complex to use.

hey, MWCren - have you used this program? i have no time for a learning curve, and this sounds sweet!

has anyone on this thread ever used ulead video toolbox? it also claims to be a no-brainer, but encodes as well.

I know he was not Bec i was just being stupid - Lukes worse than me on almost a daily basis with his Australian humour Now just wait for Lukes reply !

fyi tried out Boilsoft.com and its just perfect thanks MWCren

hey, MWCren - thanks from me, also! this is the most intuitive program ever written, and it works

Yup, its fast and easy to use. I am happy to have helped.

Originally posted by peterf
    Bazza, me ute is out back, grab yer mpeggo and hook her to me roo bars and we will rip 'er for yas, no worries! Just don't go unzippin nuttin round me.