Thread: TGP - the good, the bad... the reality

dalimili

TGP - the good, the bad... the reality

Hi,

I would like to hear how TGP's are doing for you guys... generally, as a traffic source, do they convert better then those on the linklists or worse?

I have to admit I've tried it and after thousands of unique visits there was absolutely ZILCH sale from that source...

It's true that I am not extremly fond of TGP's as I believe they're mostly just clicks and bandwidth leechers, but still...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong

are you talking about posting galleries, or owning and running your own tgp?

dalimili
    Sorry.... I'm talking about posting galleries.

i've been making at least a couple thou a month posting galleries for years now. perhaps if you hate it, you aren't really inclined to study it.

can you post a couple galleries here?

Dzinerbear
    dalimili,

I never had a whole lot of success selling AVS memberships through TGP, and I gave it a shot for a couple of months. However, once I started submitting galleries promoting sponsors that weren't over-exposed, I started noticing some success.

However, I also have to say that some TGPs are the gift that keeps on giving. I just printed my January log reports and I'm still getting traffic. I haven't submitted a TGP gallery anywhere for about three months. So if you get some partner accounts with some good ones, you could see some long-term traffic. Whether any of that is converting, I don't know. I'm just not set up, nor do I have the time to chase every single sale to see if I can figure out where it came from.

I get a bigger bang for my buck with SEO than TGP.

Dzinerbear

dalimili, TGPs are all about big traffic, you need to be able to sustain at least 50K hits per day to be making some cash and the only way you do that is to submit quality galleries daily to a lot of places, and an autosubmitter or submission assistance software will help you a lot!

cheers,
    Luke

i average a sale every 1:5000 gay gallery surfers (well, sometimes better, but on overexposed sites, a little worse) or 1:10,000 straight gallery surfers.

but galleries are like anything else - you have to have some knowledge of how they work. and something else - when i have tried to make a gallery a few times for a site i either really didn't like, or didn't get, i sure didn't make a lot of sales. maybe it's hard for you to approach gallery-making because you dislike it. me, sometimes i think it's lots of fun :-) and of course, you have to

1. follow the rules of the tgps you post to. most new gallery makers have more than 2 - 3 sponsor links, and hide the tgp recips. those galleries will never be posted, and won't make money.

2. find tgps with more than a tiny amount of traffic. some smaller tgps send less than 100 hits.

3. be willing and able to let your gallery design and text evolve so what didn't work will not keep repeating.

4. don't write generic text about thousands of pics, hundreds of movies. a gallery should talk about what is special about the site they are promoting.

dalimili
    Ok, I might have found what I actually fuck*ed ....

number 4. " don't write generic text about thousands of pics, hundreds of movies. a gallery should talk about what is special about the site they are promoting."

I think I made a mistake here.... thanx