Thread: Epassporte questions

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Ben's Avatar

Epassporte questions

I'm reading their terms and conditions, but some things remain unclear. Could somebody clarify these points:

1. Let's say you deposit $100 to your Epassporte account using your regular credit card. Will they take some amount of that money for themselves as their fee? This is from their site:

Virtual Card Activation Fee FREE

Virtual Visa Annual Fee FREE the first year and $5 each subsequent year

Load/Reload Fee $5 per $100 or portion thereof

Peer-to-Peer Transfer Fee 25 cents (Five transactions a day, and then $1 per transaction for each subsequent transaction in the same day)
    Btw. What is Load/Reload Fee?

2) When they issue you your card, is your country of residence still there, or do they put their country (USA)? I know this probably sounds like a stupid question, but I have to see whether I'll have any real benefits if I start using them.

The problem is simple: although I have a perfectly regular and genuine Visa card issued by an Austrian bank, more and more sites are starting to reject it. Things got a lot worse in the second half of January and now I'm really worried. Many sites (or rather processors) that accepted my card are now rejecting it (Godaddy, Paycom, CCbill..).

I've been told that this is most likely due to the fact that there has been a lot of attempts of fradulent credit card use from my country, so when a billing processor sees the IP of my internet provider or my country's name, the credit card gets declined autmatically :bomb: So, in that respect, it would be good if Epassporte provided some additional "credence" to their card holders regardless of their country of residence and the status of their IP address in blacklists of various billing processors. Is that the case with Epassporte?

i haven't tried to use my epassporte online that much, but it does not always work. its main function to me is getting immediate payments, or payments for jobs i do for people.

they do charge you when you put money in your account. for me, it's very much worth it, and for other people who pay a fee to their bank when they deposit u.s. checks, it is also worth it.

for info, your best bests are to ask amparo or rand.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Ben's Avatar
    Thanks for the answer Basschick :kiss:

So they do take their cut after all. I guess $5 for each $100, right?

You say their card isn't accepted everywhere, but I presume it's accepted at most places?

i believe they take their cut off each deposit, not by amount.

i'd say better than half but maybe not 3/4.