Thread: Paying models cash or by check?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

Paying models cash or by check?

I have heard so many benefits of each way. I thought I would ask the expertise of the Gay Wide Webmaster Forum.

Thanks,
    Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Check.

That way you actually have solid proof of a payment being made should you need to prove it

If you want to keep it 'off the books' then cash.

Regards,

Lee

Madame0120
    Pay by check for your records, but have enough cash on hand for them to sign it back over to you.

dont be jealous becuase i'm beautiful, be jealous because i just fucked your boyfriend
    Your model release should indicate the amount of money that the model is receiving. Therefore, it doesn't matter if it's a check or cash -- because the model release serves as your receipt.

Most models want cash especially if you're talking about just a simple solo. If you're doing an extended shooting with the same models over a weekend or week, then I would suggest a check. Otherwise, cash in-hand is a good selling point when recruiting models.

Just keep in mind if you pay a model more then $600 in a year you must have them fill out a w-9 and send them a 1099 at the end of the year.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    Or if you pay them by cash, record them on camera receiving the money.

Jim

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake Buck Angel's Avatar
    I pay all my models with a check and they always are fine with that.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    We used to do cash with a signed receipt that's a separate part of the model release, but we've moved in the direction of checks for easier recordkeeping. A lot of our models prefer cash, so we'll just cash the check for them by having them endorse it over.

jhussher
    Yeh, I pay by cash but get them to sign a small recipt, and then I record it as an expense in Microsoft Money for tax purposes at year-end.

I have been in the biz for 5 years and learned that "models" are often kinky, wild, they like to drink, do drugs, etc. So they come to me for odd amounts of money here and there. I accomodate them (usually) but every penny I give them WILL go in as an expense for independent contractor and they will get 1099'd for it at year end, I don't care if it's $5 for cigarettes. Microsoft Money runs on my taskbar and the first thing I do before I reach for my wallet is record the expense. If I buy dinner or booze and we party...it's a business expense.

Exclusive Custom Gay Content Lykos's Avatar
    Always with cash,but they need to write me down how much they recived couse of taxes etc

Rainbo1956
    Originally posted by Madame0120
    Pay by check for your records, but have enough cash on hand for them to sign it back over to you.
    Took the words right outta my mouth!

That's the way we used to pay our dancers.
    We'd pay em at the end of the night or week depending on the contract, then they'd cash their checks with us.

I can't think of a reason why someone would want to keep a "payment" off the books. (Unless you could get someone to preform for less if you paid them cash) But, even then as an independent contractor, they should be fileing. Only bennfits one in biz to show money going out.

And, depending on how much you pay them, make sure you give em the 1099 form. Sucks I know, but better to be safe then sorry!

jhussher
    Lord knows, tho...a lot of my good models have never worked an honest day's labor "on the books" and by year's end half of them have moved, no forwarding address. But as long as I mail a 1099 I can deduct them. Like I said, just keep good expense records. You can deduct a lot of things if they are business-related in some way. I stick every receipt I get all day long in my back pocket, then come home and enter 90% of them into Microsoft Money in business-related categories.

* Have a drink with a model - that's a business meeting.
    * order a pizza during a webcam session - Business meal
    * Model "borrows" $20 for Pampers for his baby's mama - add it on to his compensation