Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why was I moved to SPAM.

TedTrent

Why was I moved to SPAM.

This will be the last time I visit a website where I'm not allowed to post messages I want to post.

Good luck with you site.

I offered a free video feature for gay websites and my posting was removed. If that isn't what this website is for, then what is this website for.

Create a mission and stick with it.
    OutoftheCloset.TV

Dude.. relax.

The best way to get your stuff marketed to us here (and this IS the place to come, by the way), is not to just join and start advertizing... there's so many drive-by SPAM messages, that we have to move them to the SPAM forum or just delete them.

Don't think the SPAM forum doesn't get read.. it does, and many of us have used the products and services advertized there.

But if you want to get some visibility on the main board, which is not for advertizing per se, just join in the conversations, become part of the community (and you'll only get better at everything if you do that), and add a link to your stuff in your signature file.

If every first post made that was hocking a product..free or other wise... was left on the main forum, there'd be just advertizing and no business related threads.

By the way, I checked out your plug in and it looks pretty cool.. I'll take a closer look at it once I get back to my office and probably plug it onto a few of my sites.

TedTrent

Thanks.

I read other postings and it didn't seem as though people were talking about much. Just "what ups" and "hello out theres."

So, I was offering a free video feed to get things going...made a free offering...and then I'm SPAM FOLDERED...seemed rude and unappreciated. I got TWO pieces of JUNK MAIL wanting me to visit then I'm considered SPAM. Maybe the person running this site should consider their own methods.

Ted

JustMe
    Greetings:

Yet another hopeless soul that doesn't realize what a bad impression he's leaving every webmaster that ever does a search for his company's name.

The best way to impress upon people your offering, is not to blanket insult them on your 2nd or 3rd post.

Marketing 101 people!

:nowords:

TedTrent

Everyone Has An Opinion.

I'm just giving you an impression of my experience with THIS website. I am not attemting to win a popularity contest here. I was making an offering. And if you have ill feeling based on my attitude, I can appreciate you opinions. If your administration feels it necessary to move people to SPAM folders after having invited them to leave comments on a website designed for WEBMASTER and then 'SPAM folders' them when they leave one or two messages, it doesn't seem like a very inviting community. I have more fun on Craigslist.org.

Good luck to your communities. I made an offering and it's spam. I've not made more comments and i'm judged again. I fully appreciate the opporutnity to post here, but am choosing to spend my time in other pursuits. Good luck to all.

Ted Trent
    OutoftheCloset.TV

guess there is no need to welcome you since you are not returning, oh well...

cheers,
    Luke

Well, it sounds like you've already judged and juried us, and I'm sorry you feel your time here was a waste. Adult boards rely on income from advertising ... and anything that smaks of a one time drive by post that's pushing something is SPAM ... on ANY board. You're in the biz, so I'm not telling you something you don't already know! So stop acting like a kid that got caught with their hand in the cookie jar already ... come back, contribute to the board, and make new friends and find out just how much biz we really can generate together!

See, really, if you'djust hang out, let us get to know you, and tell us what you have to offer, many of us would probably include your plug in on our sites... hey, anything like that is gonna go over well, and we can all send you lots of traffic.

But you gotta understand that we get about 100 people stopping by and their first post was "here's my product". It's an announcement, so it goes in the announcements forum.. and believe me, those DO get read.

But sorry if you feel personally persecuted. If we allowed posts like thatin the main forum, it would be nothing BUT posts like that, and the whole point of this forum would be blown.

Dzinerbear
    See, I knew it was a mistake for the Canadian government to ban that anxiety medication.

Dzinerbear

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I moved your first two posts to the announcement board because..

1) The first post was made in the 75000th contest thread.
    2) Your second post was made in the wrong forum.

As you have already been advised by our other community members the announcements and spam forum does get read and that is the correct place to post your news, announcements and, spam.

I hope you will stick around and become part of the GWW community despite this issue as you are more than welcome to join in the regular discussions and post information about your services in any threads that are relevant

Regards,

Lee

Yeah, that.

And your product is a good one.

TedTrent

wow...i didn't except these kind of responses...

Thank you for taking a few moments to acknowledge my posts.

I didn't expect that and now I look like an ass.

sorry.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Re: wow...i didn't except these kind of responses...

Originally posted by TedTrent
    Nah you dont

You just learnt something new for today :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing you joining in the other discussions

Regards,

Lee

We'rereallynotsuch a bad group ofpeople.

Well, Andy Mike is, but the odd spankin' keeps him in line.

Rainbo1956

Re: wow...i didn't except these kind of responses...

Originally posted by TedTrent
    Thank you for taking a few moments to acknowledge my posts.

sorry.
    I saw no ass...I wish I had... j/k

We'll start over again!

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here!

I'm sure you'll find most people here are very welcoming and forgiving of anyone's mistakes or newness to the board....

It's extreamly helpful bunch here and a great community to be a part of!