Thread: Domain Redirect Based On Type-In?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Domain Redirect Based On Type-In?

Does anyone know if it possible to do this and, if so how..

Say we have the following domains currently on our server:

domain1.com
    domain2.com
    domain3.com

On domain1.com we have two pages, one for surfers and, one for webmasters.

Now when someone types in domain2.com (surfer site) to their browser, they would get redirected to domain1.com/surfer.html as that is where we would have setup the redirect to go for a 'surfer' related domain.

If they type in domain3.com (webmaster site) to their browser they get redirected to domain1.com/webmaster.html as that i where we would have setup the redirect to go for a 'webmaster' related domain.

Im hoping that makes sense, basically, depending on whether a domain is surfer or webmaster orientated the domain refreshes to the appropriate page on domain1.com

Im hoping someone knows how to do this in php so we can get it installed on domain1.com and i presume attach some kind of 'include' on the other domains to redirect to the proper location.

Does that make sense? If so, does anyone know how to implement this?

I know it could be done with a simple meta-refresh on the index page of each of the other domains but i was hoping to find a solution that didnt mean having to change that refresh each time we changed a page / url that a domain is going to redirect to.

Regards,

Lee

If your domains are setup as individual sites, then you can use an htaccess redirect on site2 and site3 to push the surfer to the appropriate page on site1.

cheers,
    Luke