Thread: Hosting: Unlimited space & bandwidth

jhussher

Hosting: Unlimited space & bandwidth

plus unlimited POP emails, MySQL and lots more!

$25.00 per month Paypal

email webmaster@cyberhostserver.com with:
    Your domain name
    desired username and password (up to 8 characters each)

I can have you set up immediately and nameserver propagation within 24 hours

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Hmmmmm.

Unlimited bandwidth? So I can run 10 terabytes a month for $25?

Offering unlimited bandwidth to adult webmasters is a dangerous thing ThePlanet is a great ISP, we actually have a server with them, but their bandwidth definitely isn't free... even if you have an unmetered bandwidth server with them, you definitely can't have 50 clients running 2 terabytes apiece, neither the server nor the ethernet connection nor the network will support it... so just be a little careful what you're offering or you'll piss off either your ISP or your customers.

I've offered "unmetered" bandwidth to customers when I knew they had no gigantic bandwidth requirements (5-10 gigs/month)with the understanding that if their bandwidth went crazy, we'd work something out, but I'd be insane to do that for a high traffic adult site... and frankly, I'm always a little suspicious when I see such an offer...

jhussher
    Yep, I was suspicious too, when I began with the company. I am a reseller. They just keep adding hard drives and new servers. I am sure there is some ceiling somewhere but I have not encountered it yet. I am running numerous sites of my own, including a TGP. Plus sites for my clients. Afetr 2 years, I am very happy and so are my clients.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I guess you don't get what I'm saying.

It is NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE for any single server to support unlimited bandwidth (or, for that matter, unlimited users/traffic even if a low-bandwidth site.)

Depending on the particualar site and resources used, one single site can bring a server to its knees... we had a situation a year or so ago where a customer represented that they had a small PHP/MySQL database application that, it turned out, generated hundreds of calls for each page view. As soon as their traffic got up, the server ground down to a crawl. We solved their problem by splitting the resources among several servers, but clearly there's no way that sort of client could be served for $25/month.

Likewise, in looking at Planet's offerings, they don't even *offer* unmetered bandwidth! The maximum any plan offers is 3TB of transfer/month (which is over $400), and their overages are expensive. A high volume site with high quality video could easily surpass this amount of bandwidth. We had a security problem many months ago and blew through almost a terabyte in 2 days before we noticed what was going on... which would have cost us hundreds of dollars if we hadn't quickly changed our security procedures and moved around our sites to other servers to spread the traffic and avoid bandwidth overage charges.

Yes, it's possible to do load balancing and buy bulk bandwidth from a sketchy fourth-tier provider who aggregates bandwidth from other providers, but bandwidth still isn't free, and you need to really understand what you're doing to manage a network of servers with that level of complexity.

All I'm saying is, it sounds like you really have no idea what's involved in the sort of high-volume hosting requirements that most adult content providers use. Add to that the mission-critical nature of most adult sites (an hour of downtime can potentially mean thousands of dollars of loss to some of us!) and you'd be really wise to reconsider the claims you're making.

jhussher
    Well no one has taken me up on my offer anyway.

So let me re-phrase it:

I will beat any price for hosting.

jhussher
    CyberHostServer now offering new packages:

low-end package includes 1 GB staorage space and 30 GB bandwidth for only $5.95 / monthly.

high-end package includes 3 GB storage and 500 GB bandwidth for $65 / monthly.

There are plans in between these, too, so we can give you exactly what you need for your business!

ALL plans includes unlimited email addresses and MySQL databases, a lot of free scripts to install, ImageMagick and other important modules and 24/7 support.

Paypal accepted! visit http://cyberhostserver.com but to get these special prices, email me directly at webmaster@cyberhostserver.com

James