Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcing GWW Version 3.0

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Announcing GWW Version 3.0

Following an upgrade to your GWW community forums earlier this afternoon we are pleased to announce the latest incarnation of Gay Wide Webmasters community forums, GWW V3.0

We have completely overhauled the GWW community forum script upgrading to the latest stable release from VBulletin 3.0.7

With this new script we have also decided to remove some of the old features but, we have also decided to allow a miriad of new features which will make your community experience on GWW much more enjoyable.

We are also aware that there are currently a couple of minor bugs awaiting a fix so please, we ask that you bear with us during this transition phase and, if you do find any bugs or, encounter any problems whilst using GWW V3.0 that you please post in this thread so we can keep a record of the issues that need to be addresses.

As of this moment in time, the new GWW community forums are again open for posting and we look forward to adding some new and exciting custom functions to GWW over the next few weeks.

Finally, Gary, our entire admin team and myself would like to thank each and everyone of you for making the GWW community the busiest gay market community in the industry, without your support we wouldnt be as large and, more importantly, as helpful an asset to the gay industry as we are, thank you to each and every one of our community members.

Regards,

Lee

Scorpio
    Looking good so far maybe some colors to change so it's easier to read
    Good job Lee.. i'm sure you had some fun doing it

Dawgy
    this is too spread out & hard to read... look how much crap there is above my message ^^ before you even get to it... a whole inch or more of space just for my avatar & shit... the other format was much more organized & easy to read.... (.02)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgy
    this is too spread out & hard to read... look how much crap there is above my message ^^ before you even get to it... a whole inch or more of space just for my avatar & shit... the other format was much more organized & easy to read.... (.02)
    Dale,

I agree, thats why changing the format of a post is going to be one of our top priorities

We're currently working on a couple of alternate layouts and we'll test them out over the next few days so everyone can have a say in which version they prefer.

My personal feelings are drawing me towards the older layout, as you quite elloquently put it, that fomat was MUCH more organized and easy to read

Regards,

Lee

Rainbo1956
    I agree with Dawgy...
    It seems much more narrower (is that even a word...) and the type is smaller...and yes, not to mention that there is a lot of space on the tops of the post...

Well, some of the new layout isn't so bad...and I know you're changing stuff as I type...I'm looking forward to seeing the final results though, because I can see some pretty new kewl things too!

But oh please, don't make me have to get my reading glasses out...

AusCoding Allan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbo1956
    I agree with Dawgy...
    But oh please, don't make me have to get my reading glasses out...
    I already have to use mine so hmmmm, do I feel sorry for u. - nahhhh

But I understand what you're saying - the text is a little smaller but my reading glass script just got adjusted so I suppose that could have something to do with why it looks no different to me

Allan

miamiglen

Yeah

good luck with all the changes Lee
    miamiglen

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Looking good guys. :egg:

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

jal36

Big Grin How do I upload an Avatar.....

Hey there I like the way it is, but what would like to know is how to set up an avatar? :spook:

Quote Originally Posted by jal36
    Hey there I like the way it is, but what would like to know is how to set up an avatar? :spook:
    Click this link and follow the on-screen instructions

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...?do=editavatar

Regards,

Lee

krusher
    I like the way it looks, nice change here, a nice change there.....

Evil Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    With this new script we have also decided to remove some of the old features but, we have also decided to allow a miriad of new features which will make your community experience on GWW much more enjoyable.
    What are all these new (miriad?) of new features that you've implemented, Lee?

I see so many boards changing to the VB 3.0.X, but I'm still not sure why.
    They're bigger and slower. Still haven't seen any concrete reasons why anyone would change to that version.

Unless of course you say... because I can. Well, that's different.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Click this link and follow the on-screen instructions

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...?do=editavatar

Regards,

Lee
    Hi Lee,

The new board is shaping up quite nicely. My only problem is that I cannot upload an avatar. The page is there but it does not actually allow someone to upload an image. Just thought you'd like to know. :gaydays:
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Don,

Can you post a screengrab of the avatar page please babe?

Im seeing the option to upload one on my screen

Regards,

Lee

Chris,

Once we've fixed all the bugs we'll post a list of the new features so everyone can get acquainted with them

Regards,

Lee