Thread: Payment Processor shutting down?

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

Payment Processor shutting down?

I was just on a membership website and saw a note to their members that all those with memberships purchased from ACPay that the processor is shuttting down in April and for all members to start switching to their other new processor.. CCBill.

Has anyone heard this too? Is this old news? Is this true?

Maybe this is the "other processor" going through the same troubles that IBill was referring to in their latest CMI posting....

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I thought ACPay closed down a while ago now, i could be wrong though.

Anyone have a solid answer on whether ACPay is or isnt closed?

Regards,

Lee

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    ACPay appears to be parked on EGSPay domain.... does that mean they are one and the same? EGS Pay appears to be soliticing more clients with no notice of any impending shutdown, so maybe ACPay did shut down earlier, and EGS Pay just took over?

here is the posting from within their members area

-----------------------------------------------------

Attention ACpay (EGSpay) customers!

If your username is your email address, you are an ACpay member, who has been a member for more than one and a half year. Your membership will be cancelled this month because ACpay is closing themselves down. You will be able to login with your username and password until March 31, 2005. The member who pay 90 day basis will be able to login until April 30, 2005. After that, your username will be disabled, please re-sign up through our current payment processor, CCBill. We apologize for this inconvenience and would like to thank you for being such a GREAT customer. Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------

JustBryce
    I can confirm that they ceased 3rd party payment operations sometime in 2003. They must have something in their programming that changed that date. But ACPay and EGSpay closed up shop many moons ago.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBryce
    I can confirm that they ceased 3rd party payment operations sometime in 2003. They must have something in their programming that changed that date. But ACPay and EGSpay closed up shop many moons ago.
    Thats what i thought hehe.

Thanks babe i thought i was going crazy for a second LOL

Regards,

Lee

Yup they stopped processing NEW memberships ages ago, but they were keeping their rebilling alive....I think that message is saying that they will be stopping rebilling as well, therefore removing all active members from the former-acpay sites.

cheers,
    Luke

JustBryce
    Yeah Luke,

They were processing rebills for exising members.

That number has probably dwindled through attrition to a miniscule level.

I have to credit them for lasting this long. When you have billers like Ibill billing your members and keeping that money... It was nice to see a program try to keep your money coming to you for as long as they could.

I misread the post the first time Tom, but Luke is right. Anyway, I don't think this is earth-shattering news. It was inevitable.

I sent an icq over to LuLu pointing her to this thread. She can let us know if we have misinterrupted.