Thread: Question

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Question

Hello everyone. Things are going well here at WWC on my third day. I'm learning all about the company and how things run. And the crew here couldn't be nicer.

Now, I have a question for you guys. Does anyone license full DVD content, or are you just interested in mpeg1 web ready clips? I'm trying to figure out what people are looking for in relation to what we have.

Thanks for the input.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Further to Dawgy's comment in the other thread, I think with Video, it might be cool if you gave people full DV Streams of the content so they could take it into a program like Avid or Final Cut Pro or Premier and add their own watermark or soundtrack or edit it further.

It would also allow the content wranglers such as myself to encode and render it with my own settings, and not the presets that a lot of people use (I hate those, they never look good streamed).

Also, as technology goes up, if we had access to the DV Streams, we could go back and re-encode it at higher bit-rates to give the same content with better quality.

OH, and Don, aside from the fact that you're trying to kill me, it's really nice to have you back here as our go-to guy for content.

I prefer the 20ish minute scenes, and it is absolutely awesome the way WWC also gives you screencaps and 10 second clips to help you with galleries and promo'ing your site. It has saved me SOOOOO much work already!

cheers,
    Luke

Thanks Jasun, we offer both. I'm just trying to figure which to push. I think they can both come in handy.

And Chilihost, thanks for the kudos. Glad it's working out for you.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Dawgy
    id definitely like to just license whole dvs, assuming all the scenes are useable... my problem is finding what i like. my idea of a "young amateur guy" is a lot differnet than 99% of the content providers out there.

Dawgy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun
    Further to Dawgy's comment in the other thread, I think with Video, it might be cool if you gave people full DV Streams of the content so they could take it into a program like Avid or Final Cut Pro or Premier and add their own watermark or soundtrack or edit it further.

It would also allow the content wranglers such as myself to encode and render it with my own settings, and not the presets that a lot of people use (I hate those, they never look good streamed).

Also, as technology goes up, if we had access to the DV Streams, we could go back and re-encode it at higher bit-rates to give the same content with better quality.
    yah, just send me the freakin DVD, i can hire people like jasun to encode it or whatever.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    We've purchased quite a bit of stuff from WWC, and I intend to buy a lot more, but I didn't know we could get DV streams as Jasun suggested... I thought it was either the MPEG1's or the physical DVDs.

We have a ton of DVD's from another vendor that we have to wrestle with to rip and encode. If you guys could give us a the ripped stream in a high quality format, it reall would be the best of both worlds, and I would be a happy camper.

Thanks JustJohn, we'll get you well taken care of. And that reminds me, people have sometimes said they've bought eveything we've got in a particular niche, well don't let that stop you from coming back. We are constantly adding new content to our ever-growing collection. Even if you've bought a lot of content and you still need more, just ask. More than likely we've added some or can get more.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

I stand corrected. We are able to offer the VOB files right from the DVD's.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    It would depend on the license restrictions but yep id be interested in some DVD content.

Regards,

Lee

i was actually talking with michael this evening about licensing entire dvd's from you guys - particular ones that are on the title list i am lucky enough to have.

it would be especially cool if we could also use the box covers, but either way, this seems like a good thing.

Xstr8guy
    The VOD files would be great to get! Most DVD's when ripped actually have 1 full scene in each VOD.

What I want to see WWC do is have a way to preview each scene. I am VERY picky about what I will use on my websites. Moe has gone out of his way to make sure I am happy with my order, but it is very difficult to describe my needs. I'd rather just look at a 20 second scene and click "add to basket".

Sounds great, Patti. Box covers are no problem. We can take care of that for you.

Xstr8guy, we have a constantly roating inventory. We are always adding new content and with limited licensing we are always removing things so they will not be oversold. However, all suggestions are welcome. I'll make sure to pass the word on. Thanks.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Okay, all your responses on this thread give us some food for thought, so we're having a big special on our full DVD titles. Buzz me for info or see the post in the content forum.

Thanks for all your help.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com