Thread: FTP help?

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Northstar's Avatar

FTP help?

I need to change and upload 10,000 html files because i'm changing my banner program over to phpadsnew. All I have is cuteftp and using that will take forever. Does anyone know of a ftp program that will make this job easier? Like maybe something that I can tell to only upload html files from a main folder? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Rainbo1956
    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar
    I need to change and upload 10,000 html files because i'm changing my banner program over to phpadsnew. All I have is cuteftp and using that will take forever. Does anyone know of a ftp program that will make this job easier? Like maybe something that I can tell to only upload html files from a main folder? Any ideas would be appreciated.
    I use cuteftp. Have you though about asking them if there's a function that it has where you can do this?

I was shocked one day that they had me do something that wasn't listed as an option (can't explain it now though, how it worked)
    They're pretty good about solutions.

If you have a good host they will help you by giving you SSH access to your account so you can do a replace directly on your server.

cheers,
    Luke

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I also beleive a year or so ago we had a mass server based search and replace script posted on GWW you may want to do a search and see if you can find it.

Failing that, i beleive it was also posted over on arsresources.com forums

Regards,

Lee

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Northstar's Avatar
    Just thought I would let you know I contacted cuteftp and they helped me out. This is what they told me.
    You can accomplish what your trying to do with filters. Goto Edit and select "Filter" From here you can select which files types and to what the filters apply. So if you want to transfer only html files you make a filter mask for *.html

Rainbo1956
    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar
    Just thought I would let you know I contacted cuteftp and they helped me out. This is what they told me.
    You can accomplish what your trying to do with filters. Goto Edit and select "Filter" From here you can select which files types and to what the filters apply. So if you want to transfer only html files you make a filter mask for *.html
    Like I said, they seem to always come through!
    Glad you have it figured now :thumbsup: