Thread: Need help cross linking paysites without authentication

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

Need help cross linking paysites without authentication

I am trying to link several paysites so members can login to one site and then access another protected site without having to enter their login again. These sites are all on the same server. I have heard a million different things about this. I am not sure if you can do it with htaccess or if it have to done another way. I also heard you have to be careful because someone could spoof your referrers in htaccess and get into your site. Any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    can anyone help me out?

Dawgy
    if you want all members to all sites to have access to all sites, just setup one htpasswd file for all sites to access...

if ur gonna do that tho, why not just brand mirror versions of ur members area for each paysite with site/niche specific content appearing on the initial member login page

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgy
    if you want all members to all sites to have access to all sites, just setup one htpasswd file for all sites to access...
    Yep that would probably be the safest (and easiest) way of doing it.

Just make sure all the sites are the same server and put the htpasswd file in the root of the server.

Regards,

Lee

That is how I have it now. I want all the sites seperate or at least someone who joined the site bla bla logs into the same site. Right now people have to login to a different site and I get confused customers about that.

Mark

when we did that, we had epoch do it for us. maybe your processors can do it for you.