Thread: Oh those Domains...

dalimili

Oh those Domains...

Ok, anyone knows what to do with a gay adult domain name that you registered cause you tought it was great, but of the lack of time it's development has to be put on extreme hold ?

Also .... are appraisals any worth at all? I mean, for an undeveloped domain/site? I mean.. it's just a loss of money, is it?

I've seen so many arsholes on afternic asking 50.000 $ per domain and undeveloped that is..... is anyone actually considering of buying that stuff..

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    well, for my 2 cents, I think the appraisals might be at least a very rough starting point +/- 300%

We recently bought a domain from a large cybersquatter that has a bazillion adult domain names (many good ones, in fact). The asking price for the domain on their site was $10,000. We emailed and asked what their real price was, and they said they'd sell for $3500. We emailed back and offered $1000, and they took it near immediately.

We also bought another name that's now one of our active membership sites for about $500 if I remember right... and I felt like that was a good deal.

Guess I'm really not saying much except that the market seems to be extremely elastic, and it probably won't hurt to put it up at a higher price and see if you get any bites.

Dawgy
    a domain is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Dzinerbear
    dalimili,

give me a shout tomorrow and let me know what you've got, I'm always interested.

Dzinerbear

I would pop up a quick page or two, maybe a free gallery or an fpa for a sponsor with loads of hot text. At least that way if you get any traffic to it, it is not wasted. Plus text will help you get it into the search engines, making it more valuable!

cheers,
    Luke

dalimili
    I don't know if this is hendicap or not, but the domain is more general gay terms than niche .... are niche more valuable or less ?