Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Wants To Be The First To Get A Site Review?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Who Wants To Be The First To Get A Site Review?

Today marks the start of our regular weekly site review and we need a url to get us started

So who wants to step up to the plate and get their site reviewed?

Regards,

Lee

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Today marks the start of our regular weekly site review and we need a url to get us started

So who wants to step up to the plate and get their site reviewed?

Regards,

Lee
    I'm SO :chicken: !

We do have a site we just launched last week. LOL but since my geek is asleep, and hitting a B-flat, I don't know how to let you see anything other than the splash and tour page.

But I'm kinda scared, since it's our first paysite that we build ourselves. Promise me, you guys won't play GET THE HET will ya?

I've been run over the coals enough for one week.

Dzinerbear
    Madame,

We'll play nice. I think you'll find the experience invaluable. Just understand that no matter how much we ask people to be constructive, someone invariably will tend more towards the cruel side of things.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    Madame,

We'll play nice. I think you'll find the experience invaluable. Just understand that no matter how much we ask people to be constructive, someone invariably will tend more towards the cruel side of things.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear
    Oh I really ment for that to be tongue in cheek. But I will share our latest, since lots of folks here have given us so much support in so many ways.

Funny thing about this project - it was started before the Vegas trip and got put back to simmer several times. When we finally picked it back up to finish we realized we had learned so much on other projects, it needed some re-working.

Since the test of a new launch is sales, I'm pleased to say the converstion rate is good enough, and hope to see a nice steady rise when we start pushing some traffic.

Please feel free to offer suggestions I can learn from - for my next go round.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.gaygents.com/

Madame

Dzinerbear
    Okay, I'll jump in here.

The first thing that struck me was the name of the site. I just don't know any gay men who use the word "gents." But that's okay, it's a neat name, I like the alliteration and it's easy to remember. However, the models on the site thus far do not fit what I would consider "gents" or "gentlemen."

Although I might call a leather man, "sir," he's no gentlemen. Guys in uniforms, too, I wouldn't classify them as "gents." You've got a couple of guys in suits and they're fine. Take a look at http:www.menatplay.net, now those guys I consider more gentlemanly, but "gents" seems to suggest a mature age, too, so I'd tend to classify the menatplay guys as business men, executives, power suits, even GUPPIES (gay urban professionals, although it's an outdated word).

And what do you mean by "for the gay man with more seasoned tastes?" It seems to me like you're trying to say "mature." If so, the models don't suit that. Will West is certainly mature, but if you've watch any of his movies, he ain't no gentleman, and I mean that in a complimentary way.

I like your logo a lot and I like the overal layout of the design of the pages. The pictures have been cropped and place in a good way to meet Badpuppy's "no dick" rule.

I think with a bit of tweaking on the outside, you've got a winner!

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Just to add a little extra to what Michael mentioned...

The site scrolls vertically a little to much IMHO perhaps cut a few of the breaks in the HTML so it doesnt scroll to much in the browser.

Also, the banners and counters on the bottom, personally, i would choose to lose them all, they are traffic leaks ultimately which could potentially take a paying surfer away from your site.... to theirs.

I would also make the join link open in the same window instead of a new one, thats just another of my personal preferences but, if you do that, youll be able to pop a blur console on the tour if the join page link is clicked and from there, you'll be able to direct non-sale surfers to another of your sites or, one of your sponsors.

Other than that, i like the layout a lot

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Very eye catching tour! And BRAVO for you for going with an 800px wide table!!!

Madame0120
    Thank you all for the comments and suggestions.

Dzinerbear: I know what you mean about the site name vs some of my content. I may do some changes on the splash/tour pages sometime down the road to make it more consistant. I don't feel like my skills with Fireworks and Dreamweaver are up to par, and I will be more exactling when I buy content this month.

Lee: I passed on your comments to roy, who actually understood what you were suggesting. Because this site sits on the BadPuppy network, we have to use counters, since it's the only way for us to track our traffic. The only other banner goes to our hub. I was asked I pass along roy's thanks to you.

Xstr8guy: Thank you so much for the kudos - you make a newbee feel very proud.

There's been a ton of hits the past few days from ya'll - and I apperciate anyone who took the time to take a look.

With warm regards,
    Madame

Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120
    Lee: I passed on your comments to roy, who actually understood what you were suggesting. Because this site sits on the BadPuppy network, we have to use counters, since it's the only way for us to track our traffic. The only other banner goes to our hub. I was asked I pass along roy's thanks to you.
    If i can make a suggestion, actually two, in that case

Are you able to move the tour off the BadPuppy server? Not bing able to see your traffic stats is not a good thing, how are you able to see how well the site does if you dont know how much traffic there is going to the tours and, more importantly, which pages they are leaving the tours from?

A 'crude' solution for a counter that you can actually track would be to place a 1x1 transparent gif somewhere towards the top of your first tour page named something like trackingimage.gif

This way, even if you are not able to host the sites tour yourself, you can host that image and, each load it gets ill be equal to a hit on the front page of the tour, might be better than having those traffic leaks, just a thought

Regards,

Lee

Takemytaco
    for counter you can try sexcounter.com invisible and great stats.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Here is a site that can be reviewed--

http://www.hotmennow.com

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw
    Here is a site that can be reviewed--

http://www.hotmennow.com

Wow..that's a LOT of free content you can get there!
    As a surfer, I would say "THANK YOU." As a webmaster, I would wonder if you're giving out too much for free.

Btw..there's a lot of 404s at this link:
    http://www.hotmennow.com/pbucks/mover30/model1.html

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120
    Promise me, you guys won't play GET THE HET will ya?
    Okay, a little off topic, but that's really funny. I have a lot of straight friends who call themselves "Het". I never heard that until I came to California. That would make a fun flash game. LOL!!!
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

would it be one of those first person shooters or more like those "How far can you kick the penguin?" games?

Madame0120

Another Fine Turn of The Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by WWC-DonMike
    Okay, a little off topic, but that's really funny. I have a lot of straight friends who call themselves "Het". I never heard that until I came to California. That would make a fun flash game. LOL!!!
    Well then m'dear how about you supply the feeds - and we'll call it even.
    :signhere: