Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding a webcam......

jal36

I Wonder? Adding a webcam......

I have a question about adding a webcam to a website or two. What kind of program do I need to use? :fire:

CashAddict
    There's various ways, mostly depending on how many people are going to be watching.

I have quite a basic set up on British Twinks, but it works nicely with up to a few hundred people at any one time. Let me know if you want a demo - and I can put you in touch with the guys that wrote it for me.

Depending on how much you have to work with, you can go all the way up to full motion, high quality video and audio, but that requires lots of hardware and help from Microsoft and their Windows Media Encoder people.

There's lots of great ways to do it, though... what are your requirements?

ie how many people watching, do you want sound, colour, what quality video?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Jasun, we need to take jal36 out on the town one of these days. He's a good guy.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    There are a few things that will work for a cam. But like CashAddict mentioned, it depends on how many people are watching. 2 programs that spring to mind are Emulive, and Media Player. I think those are the largest.

With media player I believe you need the MP Server. Emulive was pretty good, stable, and you can stream audio and video. However, if you save the clips to stream at a later date you can only use them in the emulive applets. They may have added new formats by now. The price wasn’t bad, but you could only lease it per channel. (I think we paid about $1000 ever 2 months for 4 channels.)
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Hopefully DigitalJay will see this thread i know he setup a webcam feed recently for one of his sites

Regards,

Lee

DigitalJay
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Hopefully DigitalJay will see this thread i know he setup a webcam feed recently for one of his sites

Regards,

Lee
    All of my experience is with the lower end of webcamming. If you are just looking to setup a simple webcam with 1-30 second refresh, WebCam32 is the way to go. It's very, very easy to setup and you can use a simple javascript that refreshes an image on a page every x seconds.

The solutions mentioned above are for streaming media. If you are setting up a live payperview streaming cam, you'll want to check into emulive or media player.

Quote Originally Posted by WWC-DonMike
    Jasun, we need to take jal36 out on the town one of these days. He's a good guy.
    Is that a euphamism for "take him out, get him drunk, bring him back to our house and see if he can fit in the sling"?

Cuz I'd be up for that...
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

jal36

Wink Funny.....

Hey Jasun,
    Never been in a sling before nor have I wore leather chaps just the thought of it seems erotic :shifty:

DigitalJay
    I hope you use media player, and you and jasun get naked, live.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by jal36
    Hey Jasun,
    Never been in a sling before nor have I wore leather chaps just the thought of it seems erotic :shifty:
    Hee hee. Careful what you wish for. :5ymca: :whip:
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

jal36

I Wonder? Media Player

Is this windows media player DigitalJay?

CamZ_Dan
    Please do not spend money on Emulive. In my opinion it is the worst.

WM is good but you do need a server. We have plenty and would love to have you on the gaycamz network and we have some bennies to being on the network. (like free hosting, Content, traffic ect...) but even if you are not interested in being on the network we can get you set up with the server and we have a nice walk through to set WM encoder up for you.

Drop a note to colette@camz.com and or myself dan@camz.com reference this post and we will help.

I am on the road for a week but will be able to help when I return.

Good luck

CamZ_Dan

CX*
    As Dan said we have a great solution for people wanting to add live cams to their sites. We have quite a few guys using our Windows Media Encoder Solution and they archive their shows on their sites for playback and some use our Flash Server Solution which is really just a plug and play solution..

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help in anyway

Colette

jal36

Your Sites

Hi Dan and Colette,
    I was wondering how much would it cost to use gaycamz.com on my site?
    :4ymca: