Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Anyone Im About To Offend I Apologize In Advance

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

To Anyone Im About To Offend I Apologize In Advance

Fucking Newbies.

Think they know it all and when you offer them solid, proven advice they still dont god damn listen to it and implement it.

Heres a tip, if someone actually proves to you that a certain way of doing things makes money... listen to them. Especially if they are trying to help you make money for free.

Ive just been chatting with someone in ICQ helping them out only to discover EVERYTHING i told them, they were already told a week ago but they 'couldnt be bothered' to take the advice.

Some newbies make me so damned mad sometimes.

We now return you to your regular scheduled GWW programming

Regards,

Lee

i feel your pain! i can't tell you how many gallery reviews i've been asked for, only to see the same exact problems from the same guys over and over. and then they blame the business!!!!

fucking newbies!

Marc
    lee, not to be a dick, but i actually contacted your company about consulting services, and was willing to pay for the advice you probably gave someone for free who didnt appreciate it like I would have. But I never heard back. emails were unanswered.

paying customer vs free customer :juggle:

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Marc,

I did get back to you, Marc. The last email I sent was a relpy to your question about using exclusive content verses older content.

Gary-Alan
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

desslock
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Fucking Newbies.

Think they know it all and when you offer them solid, proven advice they still dont god damn listen to it and implement it.
    Just because someone asks you for advice, do not presume they will follow it. Some people ofen ask you for your opinion, and have no intention ever to follow it.

There is an entire psychology of this.

And there are some people like a "know it all doctor" --- the guy who was always got the top grades in class. As a result, his attitude from then on is very overbearing. Conversations with this kind of person are near impossible.

The opposite is also true: There are lots of people in the world who, whenever presented with choices, will intentionally pick the wrong one. Every time. failure is their way to being them attention. That is their identity more or less. Just because someone's life is a total mess, do not presume that is because of their misfortune.

Steve

Rainbo1956
    Lee, I understand what you're saying, but there are a few variables at work.
    There may be a few things going on with a newbie.

How new is new? How long have they been trying to be an adult webmaster?
    How educated are they? Some college, high school, self taught (6th grade)?
    Perception (How they understand what they're being told to do. Maybe they don't understand exactally, but SAY they do, when they really don't)
    Is there a language barrier?
    Are they full time, part time or mini time webmasters?
    How much time do they invest? And, how much money?
    Age may be a factor too (maybe they're not "ready" to listen and learn)
    Who else is advising them, that may have a differant opinion then yours?
    Are they naturaly lazy, or do they like to work 24/7 like some of us fools...
    The list goes on....

Yes, it's hard when you tell someone soomething and they don't listen. Or, you think they're not listening.
    I get that even at home when trying to teach one of my partners something. From webmastering, design, to buliding, carpentry to plumbing...

Everyone takes what I say differantly

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary-Alan
    Marc,

I did get back to you, Marc. The last email I sent was a relpy to your question about using exclusive content verses older content.

Gary-Alan
    Hi Gary-Alan,
    I typed that post around 3 am so it sounds grumpy. I meant it as a little fun ribbing, but it is true. I wanted to go back and soften it up but wasn't able to edit it.

Anyways, I messaged you after that asking about fees, etc, and I remember doing that because I set aside money for it, but never heard back.

reading here it looks like you were having email issues
    http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ead.php?t=4669 so my email might have gotten lost.

If youre still available and still interested we can take this offline and start working together again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    Hi Gary-Alan,
    I typed that post around 3 am so it sounds grumpy. I meant it as a little fun ribbing, but it is true. I wanted to go back and soften it up but wasn't able to edit it.

Anyways, I messaged you after that asking about fees, etc, and I remember doing that because I set aside money for it, but never heard back.

reading here it looks like you were having email issues
    http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ead.php?t=4669 so my email might have gotten lost.

If youre still available and still interested we can take this offline and start working together again.
    Marc,

Shoot an email over to Gary

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by desslock
    And there are some people like a "know it all doctor" --- the guy who was always got the top grades in class. As a result, his attitude from then on is very overbearing. Conversations with this kind of person are near impossible.
    I honestly think this is the case in this instance, especially after talking to who this person spoke to prior to me.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I don't think Lee meant to say that all newbies were like this. When we are angry about something it's easy to generalize, but keep in mind that we were all newbies at one time or another. Who goes into any situation with several years worth of book learned and practical knowledge? So you can't blame the situation on the fact that this person was a newbie, it may just be the person, and the situation.

I understand what you are going through, though, Lee. Last night a casual friend called me up asking for advice. I could hardly finish a sentence before he would reply "I know". And the fact that he would reply before I was ending each sentence, and the fact that it was happening again and again made me realise that he really didn't want help, he just wanted someone to talk to.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by WWC-DonMike
    Last night a casual friend called me up asking for advice. I could hardly finish a sentence before he....
    I know LOL

Regards,

Lee

Oh lordy ... if I only had a dollar for everytime someone asked for advice and then did the exact opposite!! LOL

Just yesterday a guy I spent a couple hours with on some very basic "rules" to follow for constructing his galleries last week( ... like don't use thumbs smaller than 90 pixels on the short side to ensure getting into ALL tgps ... ) proudly shows me his "new" efforts - all with 110x83 thumbs ... arrrghhhhhhhhhh!

And I got the very same "I know" response when I said he didn't follow the advice about thumb size ...

So I feel your pain Lee!! :hmmph:

BDBionic
    You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

desslock
    No news
    Is good news.

Dzinerbear
    Or then you get the people AIMing you wanting to know how to make a good AEN site. So I go through it all step-by-step, tell them everything I do from resizing the pictures to making the galleries to writing to copy to submitting the approved site to link lists and on it goes. And they just said, "Oh geez ... you do all that? That's so much work."

"Oh, I'm sorry," I say, "I didn't realize you wanting the not-a-lot of work version. Okay, here it is: put three over-optimized newsgroup pictures on a page, type Big Dicks R Us, under the pictures type 'Click here to see more' and present the surfer with a page that includes the AEN entry script. Now, pump out 400 of these every day and submit them to every AEN on the planet, and every week, if you're lucky, you'll make $10."

Dzinerbear