Thread: Awww a puppy

DigitalJay

Awww a puppy

I heard loud yelping in my yard last week, went outside and found a tiny brown puppy. I don't know anything about dogs so I have no idea what breed she is. I built her a huge house out of scrap wood, I really outdid myself this time. I mean this thing is big enough for a matress and a tv. I don't know what I was thinking but it was fun. I got a 50lb bag of puppy chow, she's already almost twice as big, and she's already a great guard dog. She has 12 toes on her back paws though, and the extra 2 don't have any bones, they just hang off and look like claws. Is that normal?

Living in the country is odd, but sometimes nice.

Xstr8guy
    You're a saint for taking in a stray. But why don't you let her live in your house? I can tell you're not a dog person I couldn't imagine making my babies sleep outside.

And no, the extra toes are NOT normal, .

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Depends on what you are counting as 'toes' each paw actually has 6 'pads' so between both of its hind legs it should have 12 'pads' including two that are slightly higher like a 'thumb' on each paw.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    how about a pic?

DigitalJay
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    You're a saint for taking in a stray. But why don't you let her live in your house? I can tell you're not a dog person I couldn't imagine making my babies sleep outside.

And no, the extra toes are NOT normal, .
    Well she seems thrilled with her own house. I filled it up with old pillows, she guards it furiously and spends all her time either in it or sun bathing on top of it. Unless I'm outside, then she follows me everywhere. She has really broad shoulders like a bulldog, and a long little head like a wiener dog, it's funny. So yeah, she'll probably stay small and would make a good house dog. I have a friend staying with me that has a pit bull puppy though, and a) it dosn't share food b) it's ruined me on house dogs. So i've kept her outside.

DigitalJay
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Depends on what you are counting as 'toes' each paw actually has 6 'pads' so between both of its hind legs it should have 12 'pads' including two that are slightly higher like a 'thumb' on each paw.
    the two on her back paws are at the back of the paw, and facing forward, like hooked claws like an eagle has. The are boneless and flappy it's funny looking. I need to go have them removed I think cuz they look like they'd be easy for her to catch on something and rip off.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalJay
    the two on her back paws are at the back of the paw, and facing forward, like hooked claws like an eagle has. The are boneless and flappy it's funny looking. I need to go have them removed I think cuz they look like they'd be easy for her to catch on something and rip off.
    Yep thats normal

Some owners get them removed, especially if their dog is going to be outside a lot or is a working dog but theres no reason to have it done if you've got yourself a house dog imho

Regards,

Lee

naughty_weena
    got any pic?