Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you live in California...

caliente4sex

I Wonder? If you live in California...

Hi

I am looking to advertise our site my dating-cruising site in California but I am not familiar with that area. Anyone that live in California... Can you tell me if you guys have any weekly magazine that you can pick up at the gay bars? Which one do you know? Thanks a lot for your help and really appreciate for any information.

Alex PG

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    *********** is a bar rag you could advertise in.

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    *********** is a bar rag you could advertise in.

Regards,

Lee
    Oops.. forgot that was a banned word

Cy*bersocket.

Regards,

Lee

caliente4sex

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Oops.. forgot that was a banned word

Cy*bersocket. :boo:

Regards,

Lee
    Those mother fkrs stole $750 from me... they were support to email 40000 email address and I got nothing from that. Thanks anyway. :boo:

RyuLion
    That's bad news..I hope they get back to you..

caliente4sex

hi

Quote Originally Posted by RyuLion
    That's bad news..I hope they get back to you..
    Everytime that I talked to them by phone, they told me that the owner was going to return my call and I am still waiting since last December... how do you like that? I will rename the company... cybersuckers... :boo:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    In SoCal we have Frontiers which also publishes in Northern CA as well

In Los Angeles

...and if you decide to do any leather related sites and advertizing, there's always The Leather Journal , which is published in LA but has a nationwide distribution.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

BDBionic
    I think there's a big difference between having been robbed and simply not getting the results you wanted.
    Your exclusive e-mail newsletter, Caliente4Sex, did in fact go out to 40,000 people on the 10th of December of last year. I was one of the 40,000. I remember receiving it. In fact, I still have it in my mailbox.

That's the artwork you provided *********** and which in turn they emailed out to their newsletter subscribers.

I'd suspect a couple of factors in the results from the mailing being less than desireable for you. Firstly, an overzealous ad rep giving you a best case scenario regarding potential return and results on the email newsletter that might have inflated your expectations. Secondly, I remember thinking when I received that newsletter how little that ad design did to make me want to click on it. If *********** designed that ad, I'd be miffed. If you guys designed that ad, ya might wanna reconsider that particular look and feel to promo material.

Nonetheless, it's a bummer you didn't get called back and didn't get the results you wanted. But it's a bit misleading to claim you were robbed or were stolen from. You paid for promotion. You didn't get the results you were looking forward to. There are an infinite number of factors that could have led to that. It's presumptions to credit thievery as the only possibility.

caliente4sex

Cybersuckers

Quote Originally Posted by BDBionic
    Nonetheless, it's a bummer you didn't get called back and didn't get the results you wanted. But it's a bit misleading to claim you were robbed or were stolen from. You paid for promotion. You didn't get the results you were looking forward to. There are an infinite number of factors that could have led to that. It's presumptions to credit thievery as the only possibility.
    Yes I paid for the promotion. Yes I did not receive the results I expected. Not even 200 clicks on 40,000 emails. Funny the week before we sent the same advertising to 1000 emails from a yahoo group and received 400 clicks.

When I asked you guys for the software that you use that makes sure that each email is received, no one seemed to know it. I was passed from employee to employee. Then they said that the owner would call me back because they did not have that information. Its been 3 months and I am still waiting.

Even when I called back, someone else said that the software they used did not give stats. They said there is no software that gives stats on that kind of advertising. You must use trust.

When I mentioned that Email Brain gives you total stats even click thrus from each email sent, they said since they do not specialize in this type of advertising so they do not have this software.

Why then would you offer this service if you cannot back it up?

No one seemed to know anything about how things work there nor does anyone return telephone calls.

My belief is that this happens to you guys often, so you know the plan. Just keep on passing the phone.

Needless to say I am VERY disappointed with your advertising department and the unprofessional way that I was handled. I firmly believe that this 40,000 member mailing list is no where close to being legitimate.

I DO NOT recommend your advertising to any type of web site.

By the way my ad gets a lot of play. Its how my site has grown to where it is today.

BDBionic
    Keep in mind I'm not a *********** employee and I'm not the one who sent out that email. I do have a close working relationship with them, partnership with them on several fronts, and am speaking up in their defense as they're not able to do so here because they've been banned from this board for whatever reason.

What I think you could afford to appreciate more is the power of words on a discussion board such as this. Calling someone a "motherfucker" and claiming they stole your money is a pretty serious accusation. Had you instead chosen to describe your experience as you did in your latest post instead of just throwing out inflammatory language, a more professional perspective could have been had.

I can't speak for the ad rep who spoke to you and like I said, can understand the frustration if you'd been given inflated expectations through them. A half a percent click thru rate is actually on the low end of average for mass emailings, but within average nonetheless. Comparing Yahoo group emails to opt in surfer emails is comparing apples to oranges. Yahoo group emails is a whole new level of opt in qualification, group members not only having expressly chosen to receive group emails but also having email messages and notifications being the basis of their involvement in the group. Further, they've joined that group in the first place through acting on an interest in that particular and specific subject matter. As opposed to a magazine opt in list for which a latin-oriented gay cruising site may or may not necessarily be the least bit appealing to a recipient even though they've chosen to receive that newsletter. I can run an adult oriented surfer newsletter sent out to surfers generally interested in adult material. But that doesn't mean that every individual and specific sub category "adult material" is gonna generate clickthrus across the board.

If every single occasion on which we'd received less than expected constituted having been robbed by a motherfucker, we'd all be a bunch of thieving mother fuckers. You, me, and everyone else on this board included.

caliente4sex

ok

ok.... I am sorry about calling them motherfuckers... but the customer support still suck. :boo: and I would like to hear from you when someone take $750 from you with no response back... and keep telling you that they are going to call you back and keep ignoring your calls... I would like to know how you will call that person. :pirate:

caliente4sex
    Quote Originally Posted by WWC-DonMike
    In SoCal we have Frontiers which also publishes in Northern CA as well

In Los Angeles

...and if you decide to do any leather related sites and advertizing, there's always The Leather Journal , which is published in LA but has a nationwide distribution.
    Thanks for the info.

Alex PG

For San Diego, I'd recommend the Gay & Lesbian Times (http://www.gaylesbiantimes.com/)

Dzinerbear
    Caliente4sex,

I've seen you around the board for months and you seem to be working pretty hard on your site. It's too bad that you didn't better results from the mailer. I don't have any experience with mailers, so I can't comment.

However, maybe you could submit your site to Lee and have it posted as the site of the week in the Review post that we started last Wednesday and plan to do every Wednesday. You may get some ideas on how to improve your site and how to market it. I had some thoughts, but didn't want to just hijack this post with my opinions. But a review by your peers might prove useful, I know it has for me in the past.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

caliente4sex
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    Caliente4sex,

I've seen you around the board for months and you seem to be working pretty hard on your site. It's too bad that you didn't better results from the mailer. I don't have any experience with mailers, so I can't comment.

However, maybe you could submit your site to Lee and have it posted as the site of the week in the Review post that we started last Wednesday and plan to do every Wednesday. You may get some ideas on how to improve your site and how to market it. I had some thoughts, but didn't want to just hijack this post with my opinions. But a review by your peers might prove useful, I know it has for me in the past.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Hi Dzinerbear,

Thanks a lot. What should I do? Just write to LEE? What information does he need from me? Please let me know.

Alex PG