Thread: Boys First Time / Nasty Dollars - How Are Sales?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Boys First Time / Nasty Dollars - How Are Sales?

Im looking at pushing a few more sponors through some of our sites and i recall that the NastyDollars sites used to do quite well for us, is this still the case? Is anyone pushing their Boys First Time site http://www.boysfirsttime.com if so how is it doing for you?

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    My partner was finishing a twink U*GAS site today and he was looking for twink sponsors. I suggested Belamionline but they have some wierd payout deal.

So instead he found http://www.boysfirsttime.com and I told him that I thought it was too overexposed. He eventually went for TopBucks TwinksForCash and he is trying that instead.

It's funny how you still see BaitBus banners on new sites. OxCash hasn't updated that site in years.

CashAddict
    I've just started promoting BFT again. I was wondering if it would still convert as well because everyone seems to be promoting it now, but it's doing just as well as before - if not better.

CashAddict
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    My partner was finishing a twink U*GAS site today and he was looking for twink sponsors. I suggested Belamionline but they have some wierd payout deal.
    Do you mean all the traffic leaks or is there something else weird?

I was thinking of promoting their site (we sell more Bel Ami DVDs than any other DVDs, so I think their site would be popular too) but 50% of sales to one site, when there are so many leaks to other Bel Ami sites that look better, doesn't seem like a good deal.

Xstr8guy
    I wasn't talking about the traffic leaks on belamionline.com... but now that you mention it

They have some weird payout with moneybookers.com. http://www.belamicash.com/wmreg/ and they have a minimum payout of $200... YUCK!

When I first signed up to BelamiCash, I had to fill out and fax an "account split form" to be eligible to receive payment. Why do some sponsors insist on being different with their affiliate programs????

crescentx

Moneybookers

We offer them as an option for webmasters (no takers yet for some reason) because it's like PayPal done right. Our primary idea with offering them was for customers, though, since it's easy enough to pass variables through like webmaster ID and it's yet another payment option. Some people use it.

I would say based on our tracking it's been kind of an odd period in general for sales on and off past two weeks - we'll have a day where I'll be "that's a Wednesday with that many signups? wow!" and then comes a day which should be good that has me checking decline ratios and my code for problems. I don't think the economic situation lends stability to US sales at least, though our international sales have been consistent and I'm glad we focused on Europe as much as we did.

-doug

CashAddict
    Yeah, that paperwork was a bummer too.

Shame. I was really excited about BelAmi going online, but I think it's a disappointment overall.

desslock
    Quote Originally Posted by crescentx
    We offer them as an option for webmasters (no takers yet for some reason) because it's like PayPal done right. Our primary idea with offering them was for customers, though, since it's easy enough to pass variables through like webmaster ID and it's yet another payment option. Some people use it.

Hi Doug -

Thanks for posting here. I looked at the Moneybookers option in BelamiOnline. Frankly, I didn't understand it. I went to the Moneybookers website, and looked through the pages. I am always interested in payment systems, but there is a wise saying about money - if you don't understand it, avoid it.

What are the benefits of Moneybookers vs. other payment methods? I couldn't really figure out costs. Right now I just have all my affiliates send me checks, except for the europeans. Perhaps this would be a beneficial information page in the affiliate area.

Also - note that Xstr8guy made the same mistake I did -- it is stated in the signup somewhere that the minimum payment is $200. Only about a month later BDbionic pointed out to me that I could go into my account settings and adjust it to a normal threshold.

I've looked at my stats, and of the 9 signups I have sent this week, there have been no rebills. Thirty bucks a month may be kind of pricey. Just some feedback.

I don't think the economic situation lends stability to US sales at least, though our international sales have been consistent and I'm glad we focused on Europe as much as we did.
    This reminds me -- if I send to BelAmiCash a lead and that individual lives in UK or Germany, how is that processed? Is my referral tracked?

Steve

crescentx
    I should clarify I'm not BelAmi - so I can only speak to how Moneybookers works through our payout system.

The advantage of MoneyBookers is having an account you can get your money from in a couple of days, cash in hand, as opposed to waiting for a check to clear (which since a lot of our webmasters are European, can be a big wait).

Their payout solution isn't well explained. But since people can also fund their accounts through means other than credit card, it amounts to essentially a pay-by-email solution. Unfortunately I think if it were more clearly explained it would be much more popular - and a lot of that also depends on getting people to establish Moneybookers accounts.

I don't know how BelAmiCash does it, but all signups are tracked regardless of country through us. It's a matter of simply changing the pass-thru variable name so when it posts to our server it is collected properly.

-doug

desslock
    Thanks for replying Doug. Your input on the forums sounds like it will always be interesting.

Steve

crescentx
    Thanks...I try to be informative and honest :-)

-doug

BDBionic
    Whee Bel Ami convo

At the risk of hijacking a thread originally about a completely different program (though I suppose it's already been hijacked) I'll fire off some answers to some of the points made here about Bel Ami Cash...

1. Moneybookers. Moneybookers is actually a great service. They are essentially like a European PayPal, just better. BelAmiCash processes with CCBill, but CCBill was unable to provide payout services for the program (the original intent of the accts. split form was to enable webmaster affiliates to be paid by CCBill. The form was a condition CCBill had placed upon BelAmiCash) and so BelAmi went with MoneyBookers instead.

The cool thing about MoneyBookers is you don't need to have an existing MoneyBookers account or some huge investment of time and effort in to MoneyBookers in order to get your money. BelAmi sends you a notification of your payment through MoneyBookers. You go to MoneyBookers and select to receive your money via check or wire. You get your money within a few days (and I literally mean just a few days, even with checks).

Because BelAmi is in Europe and time considerations this imposed upon various aspects of getting payments out, Bel Ami decided Moneybookers would be a great way to go. Webmasters still get payments on time and in time, transactions are immediate and there is almost no time added to the delivery process despite things having to "cross the pond" to North American webmasters.

2. Traffic Leaks

http://www.belamicash.com/preview/me...e_preview.html

is the special entrance page (after the disclaimer page) designed for referrals through BelAmiCash to the special join.
    There's a lot that's gone in to the development of that page, eliminating BelAmi's old registration-required free trial and building an interface designed to convert. It's dynamic, and at regular intervals throughout the year will refresh with new content to interest even previously-referred surfers who might not have signed up the first time around.

It is also going through some modifications at present, adjusting the links to the store and VOD area at the bottom to instead go in to the join page, yet keeping that look and those graphics/links for when additions are made to the affiliate program. Shortly, BelAmiCash webmasters will be able to earn product sales commissions and customized stores (individual and unique to each affiliate webmaster) as well as VOD/PPV commissions of 70% - twice what most all other VOD/PPV sponsor programs offer. Which is why the page set up you see is in place.

I think that the things taking place with BelAmiCash are pretty exciting, especially the 70% commission VOD and PPV program, the custom Bel Ami product stores that all webmasters will be able to add to their BelAmiCash account, free content being provided to webmasters, exclusive promotional opportunities, and more.

While there's a lot of trial and error ongoing at present (BelAmiCash is about 3 months old right now) and it's a growing operation, I'd suspect we'll see quite shortly one of the most impressive, popular and well configured sponsor programs on the web in BelAmiCash very soon.

Feel free to hit me up if you guys have any more questions.

CashAddict
    Sounds good Brian - thanks for the info.

Will you post when the site is ready to promote?