Thread: Google Ad Words

Gayboys4fun

Google Ad Words

Is Google Ad Words good for Gay traffic?

If you have or are actively using the system, any submission advice would be welcome too.

Best regards,

Adrian.

the queerest straight girl in the world...

google

Yes, it's good until you get a competitor spending a few days clicking on your ads in the middle of the night and burning through your budget....

krusher
    Ouch, do you think that happens alot?

CashAddict
    I ran a test for a week and lost a lot of money.

According to my stats, 85% of the visitors they sent didn't wait for the first page to load. Either my site was very slow for them (I don't think that's true), or people/hitbots were just opening and closing links.

Gmtl
    Hi guys,

You should try click4gay.net ! It's entirely devoted to LGBT portals and to LGBT advertisers. You'll get more specific and or explicit keywords ...
    They run a anti fraud system who track IP adress of clicks ...

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by CashAddict
    I ran a test for a week and lost a lot of money.

According to my stats, 85% of the visitors they sent didn't wait for the first page to load. Either my site was very slow for them (I don't think that's true), or people/hitbots were just opening and closing links.
    That often happens but especially when your campaigns are set to be shown on publishers sites as well as search results.

Sometimes for some sites / keywords I do all right with adwords. However, I've had to disable a number of campaigns lately because of some truly crudy traffic coming from it. (ie: I lost too much money.)

Everybody has anti-cheat/anti-fraud systems unfortunately I've yet to see one work.

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    I do Google AdWords regularly. It does fairly well for traffic.

But do yourself a favor and be very specific with your keyword choices, and stay away from the broad terms. Google's system is all about relevance.

Mamakity
    I tried Google ad words for 2 months. I lost a lot of money like Cash Addict.
    I sort of felt like someone was clicking on my add repeatedly as well. But who knows.

Xstr8guy
    Sorry that you had a bad experience with adwords, Mamakity... since I'm the one that suggested that you try it

It is definitely hit or miss, but when it pays off, it can be quite lucrative.

Mamakity
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Sorry that you had a bad experience with adwords, Mamakity... since I'm the one that suggested that you try it

It is definitely hit or miss, but when it pays off, it can be quite lucrative.
    Are you kidding my love? Don't be sorry, it was a great experience for me.

Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean I didn't get something from it. I learned a lot about writing a desciptive ad and about choosing keywords.

Invaluable information that without your suggestion, I'd a never learned. So thank you for recommending it to me.

blumedia
    Google has been good to us but you definetly have to be careful.

Mark

check out the main forum, there is a post about whosclickingwho.com - could be an invaluable tool for those that do ppc.

cheers,
    Luke