Thread: The IGGW (International Guild of Gay Webmasters)

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? The IGGW (International Guild of Gay Webmasters)

Does anyone know anything about this organization?

The most i have been able to find right now is that they closed down sometime in January 2002.

From what i recall, they had a huge following.

Were any of you guys a part of the IGGW?

Regards,

Lee

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    I was... and big time. We had a NYC chapter way back when. I was going to join the LA chapter when I moved from NY but never had a chance once I got there. But I still worked with the founders ( whose names I can't remember - brain fart)

Actually, I was a member of IGGW before my first adult site went live.

They really tried to make it work, in a big way. It was a classic case of egos gone bad - people joined the different chapters around the US and then it got out of hand.

In the beginning it was a process to get accepted, too. I was one of the first adult webmasters they let in.

Oh well. That was then... this is now.

:pimp:
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

Yes, I was a member at one time as well. One of the first I joined on with actually.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    yep same here, was a member when I first got online I believe, always wondered what happened to it.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

tyrain
    IGGW... that certainly brings back memories. I had gotten deeply involved in early 1998 and helped to create the state of Florida chapter. I seem to recall that the founder lived in San Francisco, with a name something like Eric (it has been too many years now). As Gary-Alan wrote previously, egos become a problem as various state chapters became more independent (each with their own officers and charter) and "Eric" began to lose control of his centralized vision. He had once confided in me of his ill health due to AIDS. I later moved on personally and ended my association with the organization. Eventually he seemed to vanish from the scene and one of the original founders of MENONTHENET (who at the time lived in New York, I think) took over hosting IGGW and I assume full leadership.

The concept was wonderful and it is a shame that it did not survive.