Thread: Warning Page... cookie?

GLBTcity

I Wonder? Warning Page... cookie?

Hi Everyone!

I'm trying to find out if this is possible. We're running Windows server (if that matters). I've had good luck getting listed on the search engines and do not want to use a "redirect" on my pages.

I would like to find a script, perhaps a cookie, that would simply check to see if the end user coming from a search engine has been to our site before. AND, if not, redirect them to our entrance page with the typical warning message, sexually explicit material, yada yada yada.

Many of our pages are indexed and come up in the SE's, but I would like the comfort of knowing that we can somehow show a WARNING PAGE before displaying the contents of the actual page.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

PapaBear

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Welcome to GWW

Nice to have you here with us.

To answer your question, you should be able to find something like that over at the following url:

http://www.javascripts.com

That site has a bunch of cookies you can use and from what i recall they did have a cookie that allowed you to redirect based on whether a surfer had been to your site before or not

Regards,

Lee

JustMe
    Greetings:

Keep in mind, a cookie only tells you if that COMPUTER has been used to access your site before, not if the USER has. This is an important distinction.

What happens if a work computer was used, a library computer, a family computer, or any other computer that's used by more than one individual?

If you feel that for legal protection a warning page is worth using, then use it constantly. If you don't, then don't. IMHO trying to play the middle ground is kind of a nonsensical proposition....