Thread: Help! Need a script

GLBTcity

Help! Need a script

I've looked all over for a script that would redirect first time visitors entering our site from one of our internal pages bypassing the entrance page via search engines.

The scripts I've tried unfortunately pop up on every page which makes it annoying to visitors that have already acknowledged the warning and accepted the terms and conditions.

Isn't there a script that would recognize the visitor so they only have to see it one time? Anyone know of something that might work?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

PapaBear

Here's one I was using for awhile. You can set it so it produces a pop-up the first time they enter your site for that browser session. I stopped using it because it made my sight jumpy.

http://javascriptkit.com/script/script2/postit.shtml

I did find another script there which is similar which uses a standard message box to display the message. I'm thinking that won't cause the jumpiness, but I do like the first script because I can specify how large the pop-up should be so I can cover must of the content.

GLBTcity
    Quote Originally Posted by agenda9
    Here's one I was using for awhile. You can set it so it produces a pop-up the first time they enter your site for that browser session. I stopped using it because it made my sight jumpy.

http://javascriptkit.com/script/script2/postit.shtml

I did find another script there which is similar which uses a standard message box to display the message. I'm thinking that won't cause the jumpiness, but I do like the first script because I can specify how large the pop-up should be so I can cover must of the content.
    Thanks agenda9! That's the best solution I've seen so far. The other script that you're talking about sounds like one I had found and tried. But I couldn't figure out how to get it to display only one time.

I'm not the program/script writer, but if you figure out how to get it to show once per browser session, I'd love to hear from you

Thanks again,
    PapaBear