Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunkhunter.... ?

dalimili

Hunkhunter.... ?

Just submited some 12 sites to Hunkhunter and got reply for all of those that they will not list them as they have many sites in their search engine which have same pictures.... and that I should reconsider either advertising with them or buy new content....

Ok, whatever....

So a friend tells me he also got the same response for his 4 sites.... and another one for 8 of them of total 8....

I've never received similiar reply and I've submited tons of sites.... so my question would be.... anyone else experienced ?

And by the way... does advertising at HunkHunter pays off? Anyone?

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    what was the content?

i too don't list a lot of the sites with the cheaper content.

just last friday there were 2-3 sites that used the same content submitted by different webmasters, or so I thought.

same with sponsor content.

now telling you to buy advertising instead... i donno about that

Xstr8guy
    HH lists many of my AVS sites and I don't even submit them or have recips on them. :notsure:

tyrain
    Advertising with HunkHunter? I certainly would be interested in reading various opinions. Personally I think advertising would be better spent elsewhere, like a more popular site "JustUsBoys" or a small concentrated link site like "A1gallery".

Last month I had written Dennis of HunkHunter about decreased traffic from his site. Part of his reply was: "Yes, I recall the good old days fondly also. In 1999 we listed a total of about 15,000 links and added about 50 new sites per week or 2600 new sites a year. We list over 45,000 links now and have actually added over 23,000 new sites this past year (obviously a lot were deleted due to some dysfunction). I had one webmaster or webmaster syndicate from Eastern Europe submit over 60 sites last week.

We probably reject over 50% of the sites we find for a variety of reasons, so that means were are reviewing minimally 50,000 new sites per year."

dalimili
    Well... I was never rejected before, and if nothing else, I'd understand if he rejected one or four sites, but to reject each and every one I submited that day...

I did find out that Dennis is on vacation and someone else is doing his business, which also explains why their linklist was totally fucked up last week....

I am seriously considering buying their text link placements but I am a bit sceptical... I would really love to hear from anyone which of those linklists is best for premium AVS site to advertise?

mike-x

Good Shit

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    HH lists many of my AVS sites and I don't even submit them or have recips on them. :notsure:
    Hunkhunter lists many of my AVS sites TOO !!
    :nowords:

Yeah, back in the day when I was doing free sites for my last job (about two months ago), I'd submit to Hunk Hunter. I must have submitted over a hundred to them, and was only rejected twice, both times because I was (admittedly) using tired, over used content that we've all seen a fucking million times.

I got shitloads of traffic and good conversions from Hunkhunter, so I'd say yeah, it pays to give them what they want.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Ben's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jIgG
    what was the content?

i too don't list a lot of the sites with the cheaper content.

just last friday there were 2-3 sites that used the same content submitted by different webmasters, or so I thought.

same with sponsor content.

It must feel overpowering when you think you're playing god, doesn't it?

Ah, imagine the supereme pleasure induced by hitting the delete button while malevolently grinning at that poor webmaster who was stupid enough to use two-year old pics, or the perfectly fresh sponsor content. That must have been a supreme adrenaline rash!

JustMe
    Greetings:

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    You obviously have never run such a site before, and you're really making an ass out of yourself with these sarcastic comments.

The entire purpose of MODERATING such a site, is to maintain the value added and user experience, so that your site becomes a bookmarked portal, and not a one-time visited annoyance, for your users. Having page after page of sites listed that have the same content, is by definition, an annoyance to the end user....

In the not so distant future, these portals will have to come up with even more value-added features if they hope to attract and retain the end-user. In other words, things are headed in the direction of getting more, not less, "strict".

Get with the program...

playing god? it's a private website, and in order to keep his surfers happy, he doesn't list sites on the same day with the same content. that seems very reasonable to me. after all, he has lots of bookmarkers - why shouldn't he make them happy? they're his bread and butter.

i've never had a site turned down by dennis in all these years.

usually i do quite well when i buy paid listings at hunkhunter, and i'd recommend trying it to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben

DigitalJay
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe
    Greetings:

Having page after page of sites listed that have the same content, is by definition, an annoyance to the end user....

In the not so distant future, these portals will have to come up with even more value-added features if they hope to attract and retain the end-user. In other words, things are headed in the direction of getting more, not less, "strict".

Get with the program...
    Yeah, tell this to the AVS/AEN owners! It's a point they all seem to have really missed.

tyrain
    Greetings:

You obviously have never run such a site before, and you're really making an ass out of yourself with these sarcastic comments.

The entire purpose of MODERATING such a site, is to maintain the value added and user experience, so that your site becomes a bookmarked portal, and not a one-time visited annoyance, for your users. Having page after page of sites listed that have the same content, is by definition, an annoyance to the end user....

Get with the program...
    I do agree with your comment about not wishing links to same template/content.

I am sure many reading this know this fact.... since you opened JUSTUSBOYS, the old LINKMEALLOVER.CA link area has not been updated in quite some time. The HUNK page for example. Seems you are enjoying incoming traffic and not giving back. I do though fully understand.

<personal opinion>... expecting feedback/comment.

JustMe
    Greetings:

Quote Originally Posted by tyrain
    I am sure many reading this know this fact.... since you opened JUSTUSBOYS, the old LINKMEALLOVER.CA link area has not been updated in quite some time. The HUNK page for example. Seems you are enjoying incoming traffic and not giving back. I do though fully understand.

... expecting feedback/comment.
    You're a dumbass too, how's that for feedback?

I don't have anything to do with LinkMeAllOver OR JustusBoys, must less take advantage of their traffic without giving anything back.....

Did the short bus let out in front of GWW tonight, or what?

:goof:

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Ben's Avatar

The moderator of a link list site can and should refuse submissions that comprise solely of pics that have been seen many, many times before, be it because they are 5 years old or because it's some sponsor content released 2 years ago.

However, if you reject a webmaster only because he/she used pics that you happen to know that is sponsor content because you surf the net or are the reviewer, or because you happen to know you've already seen them somewhere, that is NOT a guarantee for a successful link list site!

[quote]
    In other words, things are headed in the direction of getting more, not less, "strict".
    [/qoute]

I have no problem with that. Things can and should become more 'strict'. But sometimes, manytimes, link list sites REJECT perfectly viable websites not because their content has been seen many times before but due to some completely other reasons!

Get with the program...
    Believe me, I will get OUT of this kind of "program" ASAP.

tyrain
    Greetings:
    You're a dumbass too, how's that for feedback?
    :goof:
    Sorry... I am newly active in this forum. I think this is post 4. Forgive me.

Did you really need to degrade and curse me, because I thought you were someone else? Seems quite unprofessional.