Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attn Aussies: Your Cheese

desslock

Attn Aussies: Your Cheese

I have in the past few weeks been buying this cheese called Australian cheddar cheese ... I go buy it at the new Taj Mahal-like Whole Foods, and it is really good. It is light yellow in color, not the orange color of cheddar in the US. And it has a unique sharp taste. I have never noticed "Australian cheddar cheese" before at other venues.

Is this a common commodity Down Under? I have been wondering. It is very tasty.

Steve

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    Hi!

Yes it is, we have a great range of `yummy' cheeses down under and I agree they are more `yellow' than orange which I know from when I lived in the US a lot of your cheeses are.

Personally I like Camembert (yumm!) but hate the Blue Vein stuff (my mum told me when I was bout 4 there were worms in it and they's what the veins were - never touched it since!).

Ernie

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Aw man, it's really late and now I'm hungry. Ugh. :eek:
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

I'd rather be whole, than good
    We've got great cream products down-under.

AusCoding Allan
    Oh and the best cheese of all that we have is called "mersey valley" it comes as a block that is kind of crumbly when you cut it but it goes creamy when you put it in your mouth! It's absolutely great.

And yes our cheddar is definitely yellow, it's great, I find it much more appetising than the american style cheddar that is available!

Cheers,

Allan

Corey Bryant
    Sounds pretty good. We went to a wine pairing a few weeks ago to the Aqua Dulce Vineyards and enjoyed a few different wines and they had some cheese. I never really was into the wine and cheese but they showed us a few different ones which was really good.

Now off to find that cheese!

Dzinerbear
    I'm going to resist the obviously puns involving uncut Aussies and cheese.

Damn ... it's so hard.

Dzinerbear

AusCoding Allan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    I'm going to resist the obviously puns involving uncut Aussies and cheese.

Damn ... it's so hard.

Dzinerbear
    Watch who you are making jokes about Michael, it might just come back three times

Allan

desslock
    Australian cheddar is quite good. And I wouldn't fit it into the category of a foofy cheese like camenbert. I have been eating it on stoned wheat thin crackers, which is one of my addictions.

Steve

AusCoding Allan
    Try it on bbq flavour rice crackers - it's really really good

crescentx
    Most American cheese is only orange because it's dyed with annato. Cabot cheddar for example from Vermont, as well as lots of cheddar from New England, is not...I'm just full of useless info. :-)

-doug

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    REAL Cheddar from England is the best stuff, there is nothing in the world that beats it

Regards,

Lee

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    REAL Cheddar from England is the best stuff, there is nothing in the world that beats it

Regards,

Lee
    Hahaha -- my hubby was just saying that the other night! We were basically having the same conversation as this thread.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by robin
    Hahaha -- my hubby was just saying that the other night! We were basically having the same conversation as this thread.
    Haha so go buy him some..

http://www.thebritishshoppe.com/cheeses.htm

We havent ordered any cheese from there yet but we've bought a bunch of other stuff over the last few months since we found the site

Delivery usually takes around a week once you have placed your order.

I can recommend that you folks try and order at least 1 can of 'R Whites Lemonade' its the best :thumbsup:

You might also want to order some Cadburys chocolate instead of the waxy Hershey shit we get told is chocolate in the US / Canada.

Trust me, youll be glad you did

Regards,

Lee

Rainbo1956
    Question:
    Anyone know who actually started making cheese first?

What kind of a world would we live in witout cheese???
    Damn, I can't even imagine!