Thread: Fatness

DigitalJay

Fatness

The news keeps reporting over and over about how fat Americans are getting. Do those of you from other countries view us as a bunch of glutonous pigs?

The idea of ingesting animal fat then carrying it around under my skin at all times is so disgusting to me, I dare say I'll never have this problem. The worst part for me, is there seems to be a fat mafia now. I actually get peer pressure from guys who want me to be fat. Everytime I go out, at least one guy says "you neeed to eat a sandwich you skinny bitch" or some such shit. blaaaaaaaah!

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalJay
    The news keeps reporting over and over about how fat Americans are getting. Do those of you from other countries view us as a bunch of glutonous pigs?

The idea of ingesting animal fat then carrying it around under my skin at all times is so disgusting to me, I dare say I'll never have this problem. The worst part for me, is there seems to be a fat mafia now. I actually get peer pressure from guys who want me to be fat. Everytime I go out, at least one guy says "you neeed to eat a sandwich you skinny bitch" or some such shit. blaaaaaaaah!
    ha ha ha! I love it!!

Here in Australia they see Americans as fat, loud and demanding. (stereotype) I know I don't have to put a disclaimer in here stating that not ALL Aussies think that right?

Why do foreigners think this about Americans?

Story:

My son and I were on a trek across Viti Levu Island, in the south pacific, from Nadi to Suva city. We sat in the front row of seats with a couple other people. Behind us were three more rows. In the last row were an American couple from Orange County (where I'm from). The woman was fat, yelled to talk, and went on and on without a pause about California this and America that. It wasn't until half way across the island that she thought to ask a question of anyone else in the vehicle. When she got around to us we turned around and said where we were from. (about 1k from where she lived) She thought we were foreigners. Why? Lee or anyone else not from America can explain how Americans interact with people as compared to most the rest the world.

1 out of 3 Americans is obese... in second place is Aussies.... go figure .

My point? Stereotypes. There are fat people across the globe, not just in America. Goto Fiji, New Zealand Islanders, or Africa, where obese is admired. Yeah it's late and I've had a couple drinks. Cheers! :thumbsup: :high:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    LOL i have no idea why Squirt, but your post reminded me of something that happened on the tram at the Vegas show this past January...

So im sat on the tram and this couples walks on and stands in the doorway, talking at a reasonable level but just enough so i can hear what they are saying and im pretty sure the rest of the tramcart can to...

Anyway, they start looking around the tram and talking to each other about how the other 'passengers' look weird and how some of them look like the smoke crack, are hookers, have no taste etc etc..

So the tram is pulling up to to the Luzor (where we were staying) and they are still blocking the doorway, i said to them 'excusez-moi' and they looked at me in sheer horror, because they were talking in French from when they got on the tram they didnt think anyone knew what they were saying LOL

Ill never forget the look on their face till the day i die, it was one of those 'you fucked up' moments LOL

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    LOL i have no idea why Squirt, but your post reminded me of something that happened on the tram at the Vegas show this past January...

So im sat on the tram and this couples walks on and stands in the doorway, talking at a reasonable level but just enough so i can hear what they are saying and im pretty sure the rest of the tramcart can to...

Anyway, they start looking around the tram and talking to each other about how the other 'passengers' look weird and how some of them look like the smoke crack, are hookers, have no taste etc etc..

So the tram is pulling up to to the Luzor (where we were staying) and they are still blocking the doorway, i said to them 'excusez-moi' and they looked at me in sheer horror, because they were talking in French from when they got on the tram they didnt think anyone knew what they were saying LOL

Ill never forget the look on their face till the day i die, it was one of those 'you fucked up' moments LOL

Regards,

Lee

Ha ha ha I love it! Being in cognito and under the radar ... nothing like it ha ha good story :high:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

AusCoding Allan
    As a skinny Australian I can officially say that the stereotypical American is fat and obnoxious but after posting on this board a while I can tell you it's not definitely not a true stereotype.

Cheers,

Allan

Happy

Quote Originally Posted by ozmalegalleries
    As a skinny Australian I can officially say that the stereotypical American is fat and obnoxious but after posting on this board a while I can tell you it's not definitely not a true stereotype.

Cheers,

Allan

Yay the truth from an Ozzie!!

You know a lot of Ozzies work in retail and tourism and have to deal with the stereotypical American that comes to Oz thinking that all shall kneel down to the allmighty American dollar eh? LOL :high:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    DigitalJay
    I get that to, I walk around 5 miles a day, and work out, so i have a 30 waist, and i get you look skinny all the time.

Madame0120
    Funny how the world has changed so much in the 50 years I've been on it. In my High School of over 700, I was one of only a hand-full of overweight girls. There were no Plus Sized shops, so my GrandMother made most of my cloths.

Fast Forward 30 years or so -

I'm hanging out with a bunch of gal pals and made the comment: "It's hard to be a big girl sometimes". Well ... you'd have thought I spit in their Cheerios! Seems I’ve come full circle and I'm not a big girl anymore, cause I don't have to shop in Plus Sizes departments.

Too bad my internal self won't ever agree. I'll always feel like that fat girl who had to have her band uniform specially fitted.
    :cry: