Thread: Business Plans and how they affect your business success

AusCoding Allan

Business Plans and how they affect your business success

How many of you actually plan for the development of the sites and businesses that you start on a regular basis?

Do you believe that a sucessful site release time line increases the $$$$ value and success of the sites that you release or do you prefer to maintain a fully flexible deadline?

Cheers,

Allan

CBLCasey
    We always use a business plan for future projects and expansions, however, we didn't start out that way.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    How many of you actually plan for the development of the sites and businesses that you start on a regular basis?
    I know we have an ongoing business plan, that is to say, a main business plan which is broken down into smaller segments to identify the specific aspects / sites of our business.

Do you believe that a sucessful site release time line increases the $$$$ value and success of the sites that you release or do you prefer to maintain a fully flexible deadline?
    Whilst i dont beleive the relase time of a site has any significant effect on the overall profitability of the said site, i do beleive the timing of a launch has to be perfect.

For example, if you know the industry is getting primed to start going on a blogging spree, now would be the ideal time to launch a site about blogging or a site that offered a service to bloggers.

In addition, timing is vital when it comes to deciding when to promote a site, in the past we have seen companies launch brand new, innovative sites on a Friday and the site hasnt received the attention it deserved purely because most people dont do a lot of posting, reading, new sites at the weekend. We have foudn when doing press releases and the likes, that an early to mid week 'hit' works best, it gets everyone after they have 'rested up' at the weekend and gives them something to 'play' with during the week thats new.

A business plan is definately a great thing to have however, as with any tool, it is only as good as the person utilizing that tool.

Regards,

Lee

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    Good post Lee. That's absolutely correct; you can have all the tools, it's how you use them that counts.

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    I feel every one should have a business plan, and try to stick to it as much as you can. it's really the only way to keep on track