Thread: How much video ....

Dzinerbear

How much video ....

Hey all,

AVS sites usually have limits on how many pictures are required for a regular and premium gallery. At MANcheck, we need 50 pics for a Regular site and 100 pics for a Plus site. At U*GAS, I believe it's 50 and 300 for their Platnium product. However, do any of you know how much video is reasonable to ask a webmaster to put on a site?

So, if a webmaster wants to put up a Regular site with video clips only, how many would say would be equivalent to a 50-picture gallery? And how long should those clips be?

If he want to put up a premium gallery of video clips only that would normally require 100 pictures, how many clips? And how long should those clips be?

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Don't know if this is typical ... but I was just setting up a series of clips that had a set of photos that went with them, and it averaged 14-16, 2 minute clips. I'm sure Don can give a more accurate "average".

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Thank you for your faith in me, Bec. Acutally, I think this post came from a conversation Dzinerbear and I had yesterday. I did a little research and found out that generally AVS sites require at least 50 video clips. Of course, there are exceptions to any rule but from what I understand, this is the case.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Xstr8guy
    I have had many arguments with U*GAS about this. I basically quit using video on AVS sites because of their stupid rules.

I didn't want to have to cut up a perfectly good video into 50 or 300 small clips to get my sites accepted. U*GAS's solution was to add 50 or 300 pics to the site so it could get listed. Is that stupid or what? Because of their archaic rules, the only video sites on their network are sites with 10 second clips. Oh sure, that is surfer friendly :sarcastic:

Xstr8guy
    This is a prime example of how some of the old-style AVS's are becoming irrelevant. I remember a year or 2 ago, Dave from TTI was discussing the possibility of changing the rules on video. After much discussion, nothing happened.

Dzinerbear
    MANcheck doesn't have a hard a fast rule, I'm looking to establish a policy. What do you think is fair, xstr8guy? You're the video clip king.

Dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    I think video for a Regular site should be as long as it takes a members to view 30-50 pics... and for a Platinum/Plus site, 100-300 pics.

I know that is subjective but it's a good place to open up discussions. My choice would be 5-10 minutes for a Regular and 30-60 minutes for a Platinum/Plus site.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    I think video for a Regular site should be as long as it takes a members to view 30-50 pics... and for a Platinum/Plus site, 100-300 pics.

I know that is subjective but it's a good place to open up discussions. My choice would be 5-10 minutes for a Regular and 30-60 minutes for a Platinum/Plus site.
    I would have to agree here.

I dont see why a webmaster needs to put 50-100 'small' clips in an AVS / AEN site when other webmasters can get a site accepted with 50-100 pics in it, everyone and their granfather knows that video is a MUCH better seller than images, they shouldnt have the same amount requirements.

A 5-10 minute video IMHO is more than enough.

Regards,

Lee

dalimili
    I haven't seen any regulations so far on ManCheck regarding video sites...altough I did mailed K. some 8 days ago but got no reply whatsoever...

REGULAR MOVIE SITE

If it's 5-10 minutes of video for regular...

10 second clip is aprx. 750 KB

1 min = 6 clips = 4,3 MB
    5 min = 30 clips = 22 MB

REGULAR PICTURE SITE (50 PICS)
    17 pics = 750 KB
    50 pics = 2,6 MB

Basically one could make 10 regular sites with pics for those 22 MB's that give you only 1 regular movie site.....

It's another things if it's all sponsor content ofcourse and it streams directly from their site.

I don't know... I suppose 5 minutes is acceptable, while 10 is a bit over the top for a regular webmaster that doesn't have dedicated server...

if 50 pics is the min, I would say 20 video clips @ ~10 seconds per clip is about the equivalent content.

and yes that is totally subjective!

cheers,
    Luke

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar
    I would agree with Luke too.

Introducing Amateurs Do It - Your Next Big Seller in 2015 - AmateursDoIt.com
    WOW Media Cash affiliate program for AmateursDoIt.com & WankOffWorld.com