Thread: TGP's and 2257 Compliance

Rainbo1956

TGP's and 2257 Compliance

So, does anyone know, does a TGP not have to be 2257 Compliant because they're linking off site to other webmasters sites. I mean, if you have a thumb/pic you've submitted to them, it's your content, so "you're" responsable for the 2257 notice ...right?

What if somone had a TGP and just used everyone elses content. What about exclusive content? Seems like they'd really never have to use or buy their own because webmasters are submitting new pics to them everyday.

I guess I just don't understand TGP's anyway. They all link from one tgp to another and to another, and so on...100's and 100's of free pics to the surfer, why would they buy?
    How many surfers actually buy a membership?

We've just not had very good luck with them either. But, the 2257 had me wondering

crescentx
    Our *strong* recommendation to webmasters using our content is to post a link to our own 2257 notice. I would say any site doing business in the US needs to do something like this, and I know some of the bigger content producers like Ounique originally aimed at this direction, not just for 2257 compliance but to separate stolen content from content which is used acceptably.

-doug

Rainbo1956
    Thanks Doug...

Yeah, that's what I thought only I'm not seeing it on many of the TGP's and I'm seeing them use people's content/pics and linkning to where ever they want to link to...and I just didn't get it....that they wouldn't have the 2257 posted. "cept, how could they if they're taking other webmasters thumbs and using them to link to where ever they want?

yeah, but if people link to your 2257 notice, what happens if you change the url someday?

Quote Originally Posted by crescentx
    Our *strong* recommendation to webmasters using our content is to post a link to our own 2257 notice.

crescentx
    As a rule - it's a good idea to keep 2257 URLs constant and simple. The only problem is if webmasters change the TGP's content, so we make clear that 2257 applies to only our sites.

-doug

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Also lets not forget, in its current format, there are no requirements for TGPs to display 2257 information if they arent 'physically' hosting the content on their server

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Imo, the gallery itself should have 2257 links on the bottom of the page. If legistation ever requires 2257 to be shown for every image, then the image search engines will have to display this information as well.

After a quick browse through my fake TGP, some of the biggest sponsors don't show 2257 on their FHGs. Randy Blue, Click Here Cash, Curious Cash, Big Cash Society and Pride Bucks don't even have 2257 on their own galleries. What's up with that?!

Xstr8guy
    Off topic...

Btw, Gunzblazing FHGs aren't working today.

Rainbo1956
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Also lets not forget, in its current format, there are no requirements for TGPs to display 2257 information if they arent 'physically' hosting the content on their server

Regards,

Lee
    Here's a senerio. I submit a gallery, I choose the option where they have a script and upload my pics and I choose which "one" I want to display on their front page. They link to my gallery...now, I may or may not have the 2257 at the bottem of my gallery (for the sake of argument, let's say I do)
    Later, the TGP stops linking to my gallery, and just start linking to other TGP's and to their own sponsor, but they're still using the pic I submitted to them.
    Now, they're using content that (let's assume) they don't own...but, it was mine that I bought, and that's why I have the 2257 on my gallery.
    How is it that they can use the content (hosted on their server) and not have to have the 2257 in place on their site?