Thread: Nudity or "action" on a site tour?

NewBoyToyMatt

Nudity or "action" on a site tour?

Still working on my first pay site and in the tour, I don't have any nude pics or action pics, but I thought that might help sales.

Is there any laws on nudity on the free portion of the site? I imagine it's a gray area, but if anyone can comment, I'd appreciate it.

crescentx
    You've chosen the safe route :-) IANAL, but I would say depending on your level of paranoia, you can do nudity or action (but be careful with the latter). A warning page will cut your sales by 20-50% over no warning page but might be a good middle-ground as well. Another good route is geo-targeting your tours so visitors outside of the US in more liberal jurisdictions regarding gays (that seems to include Saudi Arabia these days) get a better/racier tour...check your stats, likely a large percentage of your visitors are not US-based.

Translation is a good second step here but not crucial for lots of Europeans. If you are interested in routing based on country, there's a couple of good ways to do it and it's not too tough, plus there's some good people I know of who can help if you see some success and want to translate pages (starter languages: UK/unamericanized english, German, Dutch, French, Spanish, Italian). You also should consider maximizing Euro traffic by accepting cc in their languages, dialer, stuff like that for alternate billing.

-doug

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Doug posted some great information for you in his reply.

In addition to what Doug posted, ill add that it depends on the 'niche' of your site as to whether you need action pics or not.

In fact, most niches in the gay maket are possible to do without showing action pics, but, that bing said, action definately sells

Regards,

Lee