Thread: UK based - What can I show legally?

TieGuyUK

UK based - What can I show legally?

Hi guys. I really hope that someone can be of some help here. I was told this would be the place I need to visit!

I run a UK based bondage website (www.tieguyuk.com) and until recently it was just a little private homepage. Well, ive now started a subscription area to help pay for the cost of running it.

My question is this... What can I show legally? Ive tried and tried to find out but can only find out what US based sites can show.

There isnt any nudity on my site... Theres a lot of suggestive/teasing pics and some pretty erotic video clips (but again no nudity). I would just like to know what my boundaries are and if clothed consential male bondage is crossing them?

Thanx for reading this guys!

crescentx
    Sent you an IM...

-doug

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    For the most part, its safest just to stick to the same guidelines as issues by the BBFC for movies and the likes.

If you run a quick search of the GWW community you should be able to find an article i wrote about the UK obscenity related issues a couple of years back

Regards,

Lee

I'm not gay, Im just a little bit poofy. Ade's Avatar
    Hi Tie Guy.. heres an extract from bbfc.co.uk for R18 movies.. so its wise to just stick to this. number 3 is probably the most relevant to you.

The following content is not acceptable

1 any material which is in breach of the criminal law, including material judged to be obscene under the current interpretation of the Obscene Publications Act 1959.
    2 material (including dialogue) likely to encourage an interest in sexually abusive activity (eg paedophilia, incest, rape) which may include adults role-playing as non-adults.
    3 the portrayal of any sexual activity which involves lack of consent (whether real or simulated). Any form of physical restraint which prevents participants from indicating a withdrawal of consent.
    4 the infliction of pain or physical harm, real or (in a sexual context) simulated. Some allowance may be made for mild consensual activity. Penetration by any object likely to cause actual harm or associated with violence.
    5 any sexual threats, humiliation or abuse which does not form part of a clearly consenting role-playing game. Strong abuse, even if consensual, is unlikely to be acceptable.
    http://www.menatplay.com

Join my super cool affiliate programme!!!
    http://www.pinstripecash.com