Thread: Best way to monitor threads?

BoyNation

Best way to monitor threads?

I think that I read in one of the threads that there was a sofware that one can use to monitor threads from several different boards? If anyone knows what this is, or has general advise about monitoring boards in the most efficient way, please respond.

Thanks!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I don't know about software, BoyNation, but you may want to try BoardTracker. (www.boardtracker.com) It lets you set up search parameters and will deliver a periodic list of all the posts from all the boards on it's network that have your keywords in them right to your email. And if you buy the premium service it will send them to your ICQ first, before the free members get their emails. So you'll be one ahead.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

BoyNation

Great suggestion

DonMike.....this is exactly the type of site I have been looking for! Thank you so much for the suggestion! So, do you subscribe to the premium service and do you think it is worth it? Am just interested....if it is just the ICQ right away service, I think the regular will work fine for me.

Thanks again!

BoyNation

Dzinerbear
    BoyNation,

Just make sure that you use " " for keyword phrases. For instance, you'd want to enter "boy nation" but not just boy nation without the quotes. The latter would get you any post mentioning "boy" and "nation." If you enter a word like "gay" you'll get a bunch of posts where people are saying, "That's so gay."

So to get the most out of Board Tracker, you'd want todo things like "gay content" or "gay programs" or "gay AVS." You get the idea.

Dzinerbear

BoyNation

Keywords to track in Threads

Thanks Dzinerbear!

My only problem at this stage (as I am fairly new to this) is that I am not sure what I need to track! ;-) I guess at the beginning I will just have to go through the haystack to find the needle....and over time get an idea of keywords that are of interst. Your few suggestions are good....if you have any more that you track on a regular basis....or other people on this board...that would be much apreciated.

Thanks!

BoyNation

(AsianBoyNation is a subscription website with pictures, video and stories. The site will launch in one week's time. BoyNationCash will launch around the same time and will be our affiliate program).

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyNation
    DonMike.....this is exactly the type of site I have been looking for! Thank you so much for the suggestion! So, do you subscribe to the premium service and do you think it is worth it? Am just interested....if it is just the ICQ right away service, I think the regular will work fine for me.

Thanks again!

BoyNation
    You are very welcome, BoyNation. You can make it up to me by buying a big bunch of our Asian video content. LOL!

I am currently using the regular service, and am very happy with it. But I did find the premium service had a lot to offer. It saves you time, makes checking the alerts easier. Plus, if getting the alerts faster than most other people is really important to you, I'd go for the premium, because they send the ICQ alerts first and then the email ones later.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Dzinerbear
    BoyNation,

What are you trying to achieve with Board Tracker? Are you looking for more webmasters to promote you? Are you looking for people to buy your content?

Maybe things like:

"twink site"
    "twink sponsors"
    "twink hosted galleries"

Cheers
    Dzinerbear