Thread: To all flying to Phoenix...

BDBionic

To all flying to Phoenix...

Since there are oftentimes so many smokers at these shows...don't forget...

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has announced that all lighters will be prohibited from sterile areas of airports and onboard aircraft beginning April 14, 2005. The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 requires that "butane" lighters be added to TSA's Prohibited Items List.

After carefully evaluating the security threat, Congressional intent and operational considerations, TSA determined that passengers should be prohibited from carrying all lighters on their person or in carry-on luggage in the sterile areas of airports or onboard an airplane. The policy will be fully enforced beginning April 14, 2005. All lighters will be banned from sterile areas beyond security checkpoints at airports. This includes, for example, butane, absorbed-fuel (Zippo-type), electric/battery-powered and novelty lighters.

The Department of Transportation classifies lighters as hazardous materials and prohibits them from being stowed in checked baggage. TSA will dispose of lighters brought to checkpoints. Passengers at some airports may be able
    to ship them via a private company for a fee, but TSA strongly urges passengers to thoroughly inspect their carry-on and checked baggage for these items before going to the airport.
    I'd originally heard that mid-March would be the last time anyone could bring a lighter on board an airplane but I guess the TSA decided to extend the grace period. Either way, avoid hassle and confusion and just start takin' matches with ya from now one

Madame0120
    What a bunch of BULLSHIT!

I could kill someone with a freakin' #2 pencil. 15 lbs of pressure and POP goes your eyeballs. Geeze I wish these ppl would get a clue on the BIG PICTURE.

Might be a good time to invest in a match company.

I'm glad we are driving.

:nowords:

GLBTcity

Anyone heard of Matches?

I know I'm probably older than a lot of you... but before lighters, there were matches.

I think they still make them

A good piece of information to know however for when I fly. I always have to have that last cig before going in the airport and on the plane.

PapaBear

RainGurl
    yes... in fact, this may be your last opportunitiy to pick you your official pridebucks lighter! next we'll have to do matches i guess...

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    When my friends from Denver came out the last time they where only allowed to bring 2 books of matches on the airplane.

Madame0120, with that pencil remark I’m not sure I want to sit by you anymore.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

desslock
    Madame:

If you are going for their eyeballs, why don't you just take the golden Ark of the Covenant to the next public board meeting of the Federal Aviation Administation. I think you and your husband can carry it to the center of the room on those long poles.

Open the ark in the center of the room, and tell them to all look at the mist.

Remember if C-SPAN is filming the hearing, their cameras will explode just before the real action happens.

Steve

AusCoding Allan
    Now that's interesting - did you guys know that we're still allowed to carry them including on international flights when carried on one's person:

Description Below

Safety matches or a lighter with fuel/fluid fully absorbed in a solid and intended for use by an individual when carried on one's person. However, lighters with a flammable liquid reservoir containing unabsorbed liquid fuel (other than liquefied gas), lighter fuel and lighter refills are not permitted on one's person nor in checked or carry-on baggage.

Note: "Strike anywhere" matches are forbidden for air transport.

Cheers,

Allan

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RainGurl
    yes... in fact, this may be your last opportunitiy to pick you your official pridebucks lighter! next we'll have to do matches i guess...
    NO! They are the best lighters in the world! LMAOPIP

Damn TSA!

GA
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by andymike
    Madame0120, with that pencil remark I’m not sure I want to sit by you anymore.
    Oh dear ... I should have prefaced that with a disclaimer...

:signhere:

I have never in my life ever struck anyone unless they said Please Madame.

Knowing how to do something .. is just good planning. Anyway .. I got me a big ole Okie wing man :3ymca: ain't never much trouble thrown in my direction.