Thread: Help, please; no more net

DigitalJay

Angry Help, please; no more net

My AOhell account finally bit it, and this NetZero free i'm using, besides totally sucking and crashing my computer every five seconds (this is the second time i've typed out this post grrrr), only gives me a few hours a month.

Does anyone know of any free isp's that don't have a monthly hour limit, or at least a decent one? I'll lose the little bit of sanity I have left without this outlet for my creativity and relief from boredome.

I'm still trying hard as hell to finish up my website, but my boat keeps springing leaks like crazy. First my last computer more or less imploded, then the friend who let me borrow her p3 needed it back. I'm on a p1 266 now, which is good for about nothing and can't handle graphic design. I have a chance to buy a nice p3 from a friend for $50 this week though, and it would be the nicest computer I'll have ever owned. But it'll be useless with no internet.

I was a total jackass and let aol overdraw my bank account, so there is no way for me to signup for an isp like peoplepc or netzero until I get a new bank account and debit card, so that's out. I know I'm a real jackass and I'm always complaining about something, and I know that sucks. I'm generally an optimist though and I'm trying to think I'm right on the edge of success if I can just keep this boat afloat.

Just watch, I'll look out the window any minute and they'll be cutting off my electricity or some shit. I'm definately walking to McDonalds today for an app, no more putting it off.

crescentx
    Hmmm. Get a WiFi card. You'd be amazed how many people leave their wireless internet wide open. Free DSL. I didn't just say that.

Good luck with getting things together..a good computer is most imp, internet connection is not so hard you can get lots of them for cheap (Netzero shouldn't be crashing, btw, it's probably the computer, personally I'd use Linux and dialin instead of some weird connection software/spyware thingy tho).

-doug

DigitalJay
    ARGH! I just found out the reason I lost my AOL account was for calling someone a bitch on an aol message board, TOS violation. Terri Schaivo and her misguided bible thumping cult got me worked up I'm SUCH a jackass.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    *gives DigitalJay a hug

You look like you needed one today. Things will work out. If you think and feel good, good things will happen. If you look for bad things to happen, they will.

Yikes, good advice considering the fact that I've been in a really super crappy mood all day. Oh well, do as I say, not as I do.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

ReverendSassy
    Sounds like you need to get DSL or a cable modem ... Really that's the only way to make it anywhere in this biz

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    I agree, get a high speed connection. You can't very well make money unless you invest money. I don't think you need a creditcard or a checking account to get cable internet. They just send you bills. The investment is worth it. I didn't even know they still had dial up, how scarey is that? :eek:

Have you checked to see what your phone or cable company offers for hispeed dsl or cable hookup? I know around here the phone company has an ad running for SBC Yahoo Hispeed Internet service for 19.95 a month.

DigitalJay
    I live in the country, the only option available to me is satelite, which is VERY expensive to setup, more than the whole sum of what I need to finish my business.

The AOL was reinstated, just had to change the password and reread the TOS. For the whopping 8 days I have left in the month anyway. I'm thinking once it's gone, it might be a while before anyone hears from me here. Real tragedy huh? I'm sorry that you guys have spent so much time trying to help me and gotten so little back in return. Don't think it has gone unnapreciated, during what has definately been a crappy, friendless time in life, this has been where I come to feel like I have some kind of circle of friends. I really haven't ever felt so alone and unlikeable in my life. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, just realising I need to do a lot more to "fix" myself than become successful in business. I'm a jackass, and it sucks.

usually if you let aol know you're not convinced you should keep them, they'll give you some more time free. they've done it for everyone i know, so why not try that - maybe it will help...

NewBoyToyMatt
    Getting a WiFi card is the way to go. I just moved into a new condo and there are 10 or so unsecure networks I can pick-up.