Thread: Who talks to thier content providers?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Who talks to thier content providers?

When you are shopping for content, do you automatically go to the website or do you contact the sales rep?

If you do both, which do you do first? Which has more impact on you as a content buyer?
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

JustMe
    Greetings:

Hrm.

For me, the website really dictates if I am going to do business with the content provider. I usually go through long long lists of providers that are posted on various sites, and as I go through them decide if:

A. If they look like they're still around, ie in business
    B. If they have the type of content that I'm looking for
    C. If they look like the type of people I would want to do business with (scary looking photos with lack of documentation coming from Russia, or a US-Rules-And-Regulations aware firm that seems to demonstrate professionalism).

As far as contacting the sales rep. If I'm interested in the company, and if there's an ICQ number posted, I'll automatically add it to my list buddy list. If I see them come online, I'll usually say hi, ask if they have anything that's similar to sets that I'm interested in that's not on the site yet, etc. If I don't see them come online, well that's a pretty good sign of how active of a company they are.

If all they provide is an e-mail address, I usually don't bother contacting them. I've spent WAY WAY too much time writing e-mails to people only to find they never get answered, that I don't even bother to do so anymore.

To speak specifically about WWC, the company that you now work for:

You're a great rep for them, and can tell you that you're the one reason that I've started doing business with them in the first place. Having got my first order, I can also say that the content is excellent and very easy to work with in the ways that it's delivered. That being said:

The main problem that I have with them, and this may just be me, is that there's a lot of work that I as a customer need to do, to decide what content that you have that I may be interested in. Without sample video clips, sample pics, or even box covers, I have to wait until I have a block of time to surf the net, or watch pay-per-minute examples of the videos (via ppv sites), to decide what I am, or am not, interested in.

If such samples were available, and I could easily just go down through and pick and choose, I imagine that I'd end up spending a lot more money, in a much shorter period of time.

For now, the content that I'm able to buy from WWC is really limited to the time that I can muster to go out and research it.

(btw: I'll get you that list we talked about for my second order tomorrow I hope, I had a busy busy day today, hehe).

Take care, and keep up the good work over there!

CBLCasey
    This brings up an interesting topic that I'd like to hear people's opions on. For live or leased content, do you checkup on the content often to see what your members are getting?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    JustMe, that is an excellent critique of our site. I alwasy encourage feedback because you can always learn from it. In fact, you learn more from negative feedback because you know what you have to work towards.

We are actually in the process of reworking our site with many more samples available. Not sure if we would be able to feature box covers on the site or not but we will at least have screen grabs and sample clips to make our client's shopping experience a lot easier.

And CBLCasey, that is an excellent question.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com