Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Much Does Your ISP Charge You Each Month?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? How Much Does Your ISP Charge You Each Month?

For your internet service?

I belive we pay just under $45 a month for our connections but i want to either cut that figure back or, double the speed of our service and i wondered who everyone was using for their ISP and how much they charged?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    I think we pay about $80 per month, but that has all the cable TV channels, dvr, 2 modems, ECT. Last time I check, adelphia (in la) was about $45 per month just for cable modem.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

i was paying $50 a month, but when i told sbc we were probably moving to earthlink (which we really were), they gave me a high speed business line for $29.95 per month for a year. so now my upload speed is up to 4 times faster, my download speed is up to ten times faster (at worst, it's 6 times faster), and my monthly bill is $20 less

plus we can handle multiple computers on the new connection so i don't need a separate connection for each computer now...

Slade
    So..do most of you like cable modems over a dsl connection. I have to pay about $100 a month for a dsl connection that gives me 1.5 m down and 768 up.

I know cable is capped at 256k up (at least with Comcast)and that's the only thing that has kept me from switching to cable from dsl.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    So..do most of you like cable modems over a dsl connection. I have to pay about $100 a month for a dsl connection that gives me 1.5 m down and 768 up.

I know cable is capped at 256k up (at least with Comcast)and that's the only thing that has kept me from switching to cable from dsl.
    I have Cablevision High Speed. My upload is 1.5 and my download is 1.5 and I pay $45.95 a month. DSL stands for "Digital Slower Line" , I sound like a cablevision ad. Cable is way faster than DSL.

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by outboy
    I have Cablevision High Speed. My upload is 1.5 and my download is 1.5 and I pay $45.95 a month. DSL stands for "Digital Slower Line" , I sound like a cablevision ad. Cable is way faster than DSL.

Dang..I've GOT to get a better deal then on my isp than I am now!

AusCoding Allan
    OK so we here in Aus are paying far tooooo much.

Unlimited Usage (slows after 10GB) on cable I'm paying around $62.95

can't remember the upload download spiel that they fed me at the time

Cheers,

Allan

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Comcast is actually upping their bandwidth on their home user plan (at least in the bay area). They just did an upgrade here to handle the extra capacity, and we're now getting something like 4.0Mbps down and about 400Kbps up. We were paying about $45, and I called and bitched that they were running cheaper deals for new customers, and they dropped it by $15/month for 6 months (at which point I'll call and bitch again.)

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by boyfunk
    Comcast is actually upping their bandwidth on their home user plan (at least in the bay area). They just did an upgrade here to handle the extra capacity, and we're now getting something like 4.0Mbps down and about 400Kbps up. We were paying about $45, and I called and bitched that they were running cheaper deals for new customers, and they dropped it by $15/month for 6 months (at which point I'll call and bitch again.)
    Yeah..I remember seeing some ads on tv about it getting to around 6m down on Comcast..hmm..if they are now around 400up that gives me more incentive now to drop dsl!

Originally I had SBC - and paying 49$ per month, then switched to Adelphia when they ran a 12 months for $26.95 deal on TV ... which is what I'm paying presently. And of course SBC said they'd match that when I called to cancel, but I'd already made the change over. Then the month after I did that ...SBC started promoting their service at $19.95! (Basschick - call them, threaten to switch if you don't get the advertised price!)

bec - the $19.95 price isn't for business dsl - it's for residential dsl - 3mb on a modem. i'm getting 10mb on a router that will handle four boxes i hadn't realized the internet was so fast

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    I'm using a regional cable carrier here in eastern PA.

Paying $40/mo for a theoretical 3 mbps, but actual throughput seems to be about 2.5 mbps. Upstream is 350kbps.

If I were to get my own cable modem (as opposed to renting their equipment), it would be $30/mo. I'm not sure why I haven't gotten one yet... lazy?

Oz, is that $63 in AUD or USD?

HotMaleVideos - have you checked on the speed of the upstream on cable? it's worth checking. here it's a lot slower than dsl.

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    Yep, cable upstream is consistently 350 kbps for me.

For anyone curious about their speed, broadbandreports.com has a speed test.

Hornydog4cooter
    Verizon $29.99 a month over here.....