Thread: Trillian or Miranda?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Trillian or Miranda?

Which is better. I need one, but which one??? Ugh!
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Evil Chris
    I'm not familiar with Miranda.
    Tried Trillian once, but felt I didn't have control over it so I re-verted back to ICQ.

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar
    Been using Trillian for many years and have no complaints !

Introducing Amateurs Do It - Your Next Big Seller in 2015 - AmateursDoIt.com
    WOW Media Cash affiliate program for AmateursDoIt.com & WankOffWorld.com

AJ.
    trillian trillian trillian!! i've been using the 3.1 basic version for about 2 months now and haven't had a complaint yet. our programmer uses the Pro 3 version [$25] for ages now and raves about [which is why we all use it now]. The thing I love most about it is having access to 4 im clients and mIRC but only having to use one prog for it [my comp loves it too... saves on my precious RAM]

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    I have used both, I like Miranda becuase you have far more options to tweak it then Trill. Trill is easier to set up, but with a littel effort, Miranda is better. Plus it's free no matter what.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Hmmm, good things from both sides. Now I'm even more undecided. LOL!!!

But thanks for your input.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Radical Rick
    I'd take Trillian over Miranda only because I like to see all of my messages blinking on my task bar, in one glance you can see who's sending you messages. Miranda simply blinks in the sys tray, when you double click the blinking icon you could get 15 windows tiled all over your desktop at once. Same prob with GAIM.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Im the same as Chris never heard of the Miranda application before.

Used trillian for a while but changed back after a week because i couldnt get used to it LOL

Regards,

Lee

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical Rick
    I'd take Trillian over Miranda only because I like to see all of my messages blinking on my task bar, in one glance you can see who's sending you messages. Miranda simply blinks in the sys tray, when you double click the blinking icon you could get 15 windows tiled all over your desktop at once. Same prob with GAIM.
    You can change the settings to get it to blink in the way that trill dose. Just install the plug-in for it. Miranada is free open source and you can get the software to do just about anything you want with it. You just have to invest some time and figure it out. I'm sorry, I'm so anti-Trill cause they charge for features Miranada gives for free.

i started using trillian because michael recommended it to me, and i've been very happy with it.