Thread: how can i get more people posting at a board?

how can i get more people posting at a board?

recently lee bought a board, and i've been moderating it. the community there was smallish, but also they seem to get a kick out of games and fun stuff only. they're not as anxious to start or post on business threads.

i'm looking for ideas on how to get more people - new people who can bring life and business as well as fun to the board.

suggestions and ideas gratefully appreciated.

Happysucks
    give stuff away!

Not one time giveaways with a total of 10k + for the longest thread but something like 25 giveaways for random things over a short amount of time.

Then work up to less contests and larger prizes.

AusCoding Allan
    Or you could smile sweetly and ask everyone who posts here to contribute there as well

Maybe you need to get a few more people to link to the forum and or raise awareness with some avn advertising or the like

Cheers,

Allan

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    This may sound odd, but heck, I am odd so what the heck here goes.

People have buttons that can be pushed, so to begin with why not start posting articles that push those buttons?

Now I don't mean get them pissed off, but things that are important to their business lives such as news about the new AG, latest laws that are being considered, latest assaults on the industry... that sort of thing that will make them come out of their shell.

Also discussions about scams and such that hurt the industry. Guidelines being sought or opposed or even the futility of such attempts..

Threads that ask specific solutions to certain industry problems, such as how do you insure the 2257 info is accurate, what to do when you suspect someone of spamming your accounts or shaving stats or that sort of thing..

I mean it gets people here posting, sometimes in heated debate but it stirs things up and it would move the focus towards business rather than just small talk.

Contests are fine, but its a bribe, it doesn't really make for longevity in posters, least in my warped tainted opinion.

Other button pusher topics would be perhaps, sig whores on boards, when to ban or not ban, censorship, age verification, etc...

Anyhow I shall go duck for cover now and retire to the state of ignorant bliss brought on by wild unbridled sex with the wife..

or else have a root beer.

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Dzinerbear
    Think of a list of topics and then carefully write the post to include a number of keywords and phrases to trigger Board Tracker.

For instance, I have the following tracking: "gay avs" "best avs" mancheck "gay sponsors" "gay link list" "third party processing" ibill paycom ccbill "cc processor" "gay traffic" seo "search engine optimization" "hairy men" bears "gay content" "gay video" avs

"Gay traffic" pulled me into Just Blow Me the other day and I wasn't a member there, but signed up. Then my reply to that post kept the post going for a couple of days. I actually made a couple of new contacts with sponsors I hadn't considered.

Of course others like "best host" is just going to drag a bunch of spammers to the board.

Also, take a look at the board's history, which posts generated the most chatter. Maybe it's time to resurrect them in a new post.

When I get back from Phoenix I'm happy to give you hand over there if you want. I'm a big blabber mouth. You could also get Squirt and I doing one of our I bash the U.S. / he bashes Canada threads, they always get everyone all excited.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Whats the board URL hon?

Regards,

Lee

AusCoding Allan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Whats the board URL hon?

Regards,

Lee
    Haven't you read your sig lately??? LOL

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmalegalleries

No he's still out looking for me.

I'm going to look but I think we may have a thread about increasing posts and members... if it's not a thread... it's an article on of us wrote.

Off the search my drive
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

*LOLOLOL*

http://www.talkyourshit.com

Quote Originally Posted by ozmalegalleries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Whats the board URL hon?

Regards,

Lee

Damn ... lost his hubby and website all on the same day :wtf:

... sounds like you're way overdue for a party Lee!

maybe glasses or a vacation...

Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    Damn ... lost his hubby and website all on the same day :wtf:

... sounds like you're way overdue for a party Lee!

I am going to be brutally honest here, I am really stretched to post on the few boards that I visit with all the other work that I do, however, I post on those boards because they are well defined communities, ie,
    gg&j is a great board for freesites/avs sites
    cozy is a good newbie hangout
    aww is good for chatting it up with aussies
    rockmehard is a nice gay board with loads of gay articles and info
    and of course gww is my home and I just plain love it here

so what is talkyourshit? what area of the industry does it focus on? does it provide a good community with experts in that area who are willing to help out? sell it to me, hon, or I just won't be able to make the time to get over there and post.

cheers,
    Luke