Thread: So We're Going To Be Redecorating The Office Shortly

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

So We're Going To Be Redecorating The Office Shortly

Which means we need to go and find some new office furniture and equipment.

What are you folks using in your offices furniture wise? Is there anything that we definately should get?

Right now we're thinking about getting some glass desks and counters to put around the edge of the room along with a couple of glass bookcases.

We're in a 12ft x 14ft office so we want to make sure we get as much work space as possible whilst not cluttering up the room to much.

Any suggestions on where we should look for furniture?

Regards,

Lee

Rainbo1956
    Why glass?

I prefer wood. A nice cherry or mahogany wood at that. Warms up the room. (unless you reside in a hot climate) In which case, I still prefer wood (turn on the ac...)

Anyway, imo glass will make it apear more cluttered, show more dust and finger prints...desk tops and etc... Bookcases that close (and hide away any clutter) are nice to have. I also like the full floor to ceiling book cases on one wall, that you find in a library.

Any kind of shelves also are "clutter" gatherers (is that a word? )
    Seems that if I have a shelf anywhere, it collects stuff I don't know what else to do with.

If you don't have a window (and even if you do) hanging pictures of your favorite outdoor settings are great too...a lake, forest, desert...just to give the office a nice feeling of the outdoors (offices can be a lil stanchy at times without the outdoor feeling)

Lucky me, I get to go the my old brokers office tomorrow. They're conducting an auction for all the office furniture he had!!! (He must have done something very, very bad...I'll get the dirt tomorrow) Beautiful stuff too...leather chairs, fantastic desk and conferance tables with chairs..etc...
    Wish me luck, I need a ton of the stuff for the new house. (done in about 1 more month!!!) Our upstairs office is HUGE and needs to be filled.

Sorry, I digress...
    But, Lee...try auctions first too...see if their are any "going out of business" auctions in your area or check eBay. You can get some good deals maybe.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbo1956
    Why glass?

I prefer wood. A nice cherry or mahogany wood at that. Warms up the room. (unless you reside in a hot climate) In which case, I still prefer wood (turn on the ac...)

Anyway, imo glass will make it apear more cluttered, show more dust and finger prints...desk tops and etc... Bookcases that close (and hide away any clutter) are nice to have. I also like the full floor to ceiling book cases on one wall, that you find in a library.

Any kind of shelves also are "clutter" gatherers (is that a word? )
    Seems that if I have a shelf anywhere, it collects stuff I don't know what else to do with.
    Lee please take note of what Rainbo, said. I'm really not with the glass desks anymore and for the same reasons. Besides I don't see you cleaning your table top now. I can't see you cleaning a glass top for more than a week into it.

GA

PS: Thank you Rainbo! Now he'll see I'm not the only one who thinks these things LOL
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

Scorpio
    I bought a glass desk about 6 months ago and i really didn't like it... i bought cos i thought it'd look better... but actually it doesn't. I would never sugeest anybody to get those glass desk. Or if you feel like cleaning then everyday, then go for it. Plus they're always cold LOL

Anyway, i went back to a wood desk.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    you can never go wrong with too much storage, with doors. Filing cabinets (black) and bookshelves with doors on them really make the space look clean and if you get black, they will fit into any room if you decide to move. Sometimes white/wood don't always go with every space you move to.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daymare
    you can never go wrong with too much storage, with doors. Filing cabinets (black) and bookshelves with doors on them really make the space look clean and if you get black, they will fit into any room if you decide to move. Sometimes white/wood don't always go with every space you move to.
    Thats true.

We're actually redecorating everything over the next couple of weeks from the inside of the house to the outside and even the garden itself with fencing and landscaping etc.

We chose maple furniture for the office and the color we're using on the walls throughout will match with that so we're god for the next few years at least LOL

We actually head out to the store in a few to pick up the furniture once i wake GA up and he goes to pick up dads van LOL

Regards,

Lee

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    Go "Wood" Or "Steel" , I Have A "Glass-Top" And I Spend More Time Spraying "Windex" And Dropping Coffee Cups Off The Clear Edges! ( So Much For "Termite-Proof"!

Though I Would Suggest That The Most Important "Piece" Of Furniture Is The Chair You Plan On Sitting In 18+ Hours A Day , So Go The X-Tra Expense And Buy The "Rolls Royce" Of Chairs! ( It's The Only Piece Of Furniture I'm Happy With At The Moment!

Sincerely ~ Anybody Want Some Glass Desks?

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    Hi!

Wood is a good choice, and easier to keep clean.

I also like a few posters or painting or whatever as well. Outdoor settings etc. Even one or two moticational posters (or anti motivational) from someone like Despair.com [We promote Family Values here, Almost as much as we promote Family Members].

How about posting a pic of your office (or anyone else who's game). Just so we can see what the engine room looks like! :1ymca:

Ernie

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Definately wood.. and make sure you have room for the bar fridge and the coffe pot and other sundries. sink would be nice too, after all those long hours a nice rinse of cold water helps.. and if you got room, a nice little apartment stove to cook quick snacks on.. or have them delivered from the 'wife' in the kitchen..

but spend the most and take the most time on choosing the chair... needs to be comfy, recline for those power naps, and seat two without breaking.. after all there are rest breaks and then there ARE rest breaks...

anyhow just my pennies worth..
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    don't forget a giant safe, i did and had to redo my office because of it