Thread: How many hits from MSN....

Rainbo1956

How many hits from MSN....

What do you think your hit count should be on MSN search, if your site is listed on the first page? In other words, we have a "gay personals" site and if you put in "gay personals" in the MSN search, our site comes up on the first page, about the forth one down. I know MSN isn't huge and nothing as big as Google....but, what do you think or what would you imagine the hits should be a day?

Our count seems pretty darn low for being in a major search engine. Or, am I assuming that MSN is larger than I think? It's also in MSN.ca search as well.

Rainbo1956
    Doesn't anyone have any idea?
    Does no one here use MSN search or have a site listed on their first page?

robin
    Hee hee...

I don't use MSN, but over the years I've always got a fair bit of traffic from MSN. It has often been the #2 search engine referer for my sites. #1 is usually Yahoo! search.

I haven't checked lately to see how I'm doing or where I'm at on their engine for any of my sites in some time though.

Togm
    Their listings are a mess right now.

When they get it sorted out will be able to tell if good or not.

I got eutwinks listed at top position for twinks on the uk version of msn for about 2 weeks and got an easy 5 signups from it...but then I got pushed back to the 2nd page Like togm says they are a total mess right now, one minute you can be #1 then the next you can be not listed. Once they settle I am sure you will be getting some nice traffic, lots of newbie traffic (those that have not learned how to switch their default browser yet) which can pay off big!

cheers,
    Luke

caliente4sex
    well... I am getting a lot of hit from google... and I don't even have an idea how I got there... :francais: