Thread: Typoglycemia?

Typoglycemia?

There's been some really interesting threads the last few days since the usual thread-starters have been away. Hope they're all having a miserable time in PHX.... hehehe.

=============

Typoglycemia

Don't delete this because it looks weird.
    Believe it or not you can read it ....

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
    Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed Typoglycemia.

DigitalJay
    I couldn't believe that I could actually understand what I was reading. The phenomenal power of the human mind. According to a research team at the Cambridge University, it dosn't matter what order the latters in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last latter be in the right place. The rest can be a total mess and you can still read it without a problem. This is because the human mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word as a whole. Such a condition is appropriately called Typoglycemia.

Do I get an A?

I think that study must have been based on "one handed typing in gay chat rooms".

JustMe
    Quote Originally Posted by MWCren
    I think that study must have been based on "one handed typing in gay chat rooms".
    HAHAHAHA. That's a good one....

:goof:

AusCoding Allan
    That makes sense!

Scary but I didn't have to even try to read that LOL

Allan