Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Verotel -- Are they good, trustworthy?

I Wonder? Verotel -- Are they good, trustworthy?

Hey Everyone,

I started a discussion last week about CC Processing for Canadians. The feedback here was awesome and I got a lot of useful answers. In searching for answers, I've come across www.verotel.com. They're located in the Netherlands and, surprisingly enough, they offer a billing solution for Canadians (much like CCBILL). Ie all seems relatively simple (sigh....)

So, I want to hear your opinions and comments:

- Who's ever dealt with VEROTEL? If you have, has your experience been positive?

- What have you heard about VEROTEL? Good or Bad?

- Would I be foolish (or, the wiser) to utilize VEROTEL's service in order to solve my "Canadian CC Billing Crisis?"

Cheers,

BrianDN

I've used Verotel for about a year now. They have been very reliable.

My rate is 6.6% , lower then any other processor.

I haven't heard anything bad about Verotel, though I'm sure someone has something bad to say

In the current environment there are no guarantees with any CC processor.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    Hi!

I've used Verotel for 5 years and they've never missed a payment.
    They pay weekly directly to a US Bank Account (CCBill won't - send you a check or wire it at a cost). (I guess if you're in Canada you probably have a bank that can open a US Bank account etc).

They'll wire and send a check too.

In fact a lot of weeks when a payment is due on Monday it's in my bank account the previous Friday morning.

My rate is nowhere near 6.6% (I wish) - but then I don't do the $1 mil+ a week Squirt does :honest:

I'd recommend them definitely, although as Squirt says `no guarantees' in this world anymore.

Ernie

robin
    Looks like they've got 3 options. The ticket club option though gives me pause...

Verotel automatically offers endusers all appropriate payment options, maximizing your revenue!

This means that you or your company will remain the beneficial owner of the domain name, but that the domain name will be transferred to Verza Domain Depot. In the WHOIS information the name 'Ticketsclub webmaster' will show, while the actual owner of the domain name is kept in escrow. The domain name registration service and escrow service will be available in April 2005.
    I can sort of understand the need to do this but frankly, I wouldn't trust anyone to keep my domain for me.

Who's to say that they don't actually own it. In fact since the domain is transferred and their name is on it and they're paying for the renewal fees.... What if you get into a tiff with them over something -- then what?

Hmm sorry but I'm a little paranoid when it comes to domain registrations.

I tried setting up with them years ago for a couple of sites -- never heard back from them. Oh wait yes, in one instance we did hear back a few weeks later; we got a cryptic response in regards to how to get set up.

I hear others like them though.

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    I've used Verotel for about a year now. They have been very reliable.

My rate is 6.6% , lower then any other processor.

I haven't heard anything bad about Verotel, though I'm sure someone has something bad to say

In the current environment there are no guarantees with any CC processor.
    Hey Suirt! Are you using their Pro solution?

Quote Originally Posted by robin
    Oh wait yes, in one instance we did hear back a few weeks later; we got a cryptic response in regards to how to get set up.
    That sounds creepy! :francais:

Yes I'm using their pro solution plus I get a low chargeback discount ( like anyone else ) If your chargebacks are below 1% they give you a .5% discount on your fees. :groovy:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    Yes I'm using their pro solution plus I get a low chargeback discount ( like anyone else ) If your chargebacks are below 1% they give you a .5% discount on your fees. :groovy:
    Cool that's good to know.

hahaha when I wrote my first post in this thread it was actually you that I had in mind when I said that but I hear other people like them. Guess you posted while I was still typing.

Quote Originally Posted by robin
    Cool that's good to know.

hahaha when I wrote my first post in this thread it was actually you that I had in mind when I said that but I hear other people like them. Guess you posted while I was still typing.

That's kewl ha ha ... Robin is thinking of me :high:

I wouldn't use the service where they get my domain... I'm like you, I just wouldn't chance that.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    Hi!

I think that's a new thing about the domains, I know for sure they don't have anything to do with any of mine (I just need to remember who does now!) :teach:

I've emailed their merchant people just to find out for myself as well, what they do and do not control about your domain if you process with them.

(I know my new webhost registered a domain for me for free and then charged me less than $10 for a year to host with them [some kinda promotion they have going], but it is still mine!)

Ernie

Hey Guys,

"Squirtit" & "thejungle" I'm glad to hear that you're using Verotel with sucess... This makes me feel more comfortable.

Squirtit: what sort of volume warrants such an amazing, low rate of 6%? Let me know so that I can aspire to obtain that!!!

Yeah, I'll definitey go with the PRO version, in which case you don't have to sign over your domain, is that correct Squirtit?

Cheers,
    Brian

Hey Squirit and thjungle, did you guys have to pay VISA's $750 fee to be in teh PRO program?

BrianDN

Xstr8guy
    I saw this thread so I thought I would check out info on their site... and www.verotel.com isn't working for me. WTF?!

*edited Oops, spoke too soon, now it's working.

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    I saw this thread so I thought I would check out info on their site... and www.verotel.com isn't working for me. WTF?!

*edited Oops, spoke too soon, now it's working.
    Yeah it is I'm on it right now getting my plan details for Brian

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Quote Originally Posted by BrianDN
    Hey Squirit and thjungle, did you guys have to pay VISA's $750 fee to be in teh PRO program?

BrianDN
    When I signed up a year ago they didn't charge that fee so no. I believe they charge it now though.

Here's a copy/ paste of the plan I'm on and the info they give for one of my sites
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

RATE PLAN RATE PLAN ONE / SPLIT CHARGE

AVERAGE WEEKLY VOLUME USD 4010.71
    BASE RATE: 7.1 %
    CHARGEBACK RATIO 0.31 %
    DISCOUNTS:
    CHARGEBACK RATIO DISCOUNT 0.5 %
    RESELLER RESPONSIBILITY DISCOUNT 0.0 %
    REMARKETING DISCOUNT 0.0 %
    SURCHARGES:
    CHARGEBACK RATIO SURCHARGE N/A

------------------------------------------------------------------------