Thread: TGP or AVS?

blah blah blah...

TGP or AVS?

Which do you think is more profitable?

If you were to take full advantage of one of these two systems, which do you think would make you more money? (Taking into account direct AVS sales)

I’ve been doing AVS from the start and I’ve always wondered if I’m missing out on a great opportunity with TGPs.

Is it a hard market to break into? Is it difficult and time consuming to learn all that’s necessary for setting up a TGP? Is it worthwhile investing some time learning about TGPs?

Thanks guys…

Allan

DIXTER.COM
    Dixter.com Affiliate Program
    50/50 Rev Share Program with 5% Webmaster Referrals

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Okay my personal feelings are that TGPs arent worth focusing on these days (im sure there will be statements contrary to that though).

The question i think you should be asking is, how can you work with both business models? I know we have a couple of tutorials about building sites for both AVS / AENs and TGPs in the tutorials forum as well as in the articles section of the GWW directory you might like to take a look at those.

Anyway, back to the question in hand, i know webmasters who do well in the TPG game and likewise i know webmasters who also do well on purely AEN / AVS sites.

Perhaps Xstr8guy and Michael can offer you some advice on the AEN / AVS business model and im sure Basschick will be more than happy to give you some info on the TGP side of things

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Personally, in my limited experience, I would do both.. use the TGP traffic to push the AVS sites and the AVS sites to upsell to either your paysite, affiliate, or other things.. but just my opinion.

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Xstr8guy
    I'm an AVS guy too. I've experimented with making galleries and I have my own fake TGP. I don't do well with TGP because I just don't get the marketing. I understand AVS quite well, although I still learning everyday.

I agree with gaystoryman... give it a try. Make a few galleries and submit them and see how well you do. You just might have the "basschick magic". Anyways, you can always recycle the traffic back to your AVS sites/hubs.

do you have your AVS sites setup as an entry page plus 2 or 3 galleries with 15-20 pics on each gallery? If yes then you already have 2 or 3 tgp galleries ready to go from every AVS site you have!

TGP is a big numbers game, the bigger the traffic the more sales you will get. And expect conversions to be a lot worse than your avs sales. But that being said, if you have bandwidth availabel, why not give it a go? Its just another way of making sales and if you can grab a few extra bucks out of it then I say go for it.

cheers,
    Luke

blah blah blah...
    thanks guys!

From what it seems (and from what i know about TGPs myself), it's not a very complicated task to set up a TGP (as also mentioned by chilihost). Just slap together a few free galleries with some sponsor banners (for example like this TGP from Tyler's Room http://www.tylersroom.net/freegall1/...l99/setpp.html) and submit them to TGPs, right?

Well, how do you guys explain this thread (http://www.gofuckyourself.com/showthread.php?t=316981) at GFY?

They've made TGPs seem like a fine art. Not to mention totally complicated.

Isn't that the kind of TGP that we should be talking about?

DIXTER.COM
    Dixter.com Affiliate Program
    50/50 Rev Share Program with 5% Webmaster Referrals

this page
    http://www.tylersroom.net/freegall1/...l99/setpp.html
    is not a tgp - it's a gallery.

the thread you listed is about building a tgp - not about making galleries.

are you talking about making galleries - which show pics on a page - or are you talking about creating a tgp like www.gaybeef.com that LISTS galleries?

Egypt
    Hello! :angel:

And I'm posting here to make things clear. I have AVS and TGP
    and they are on the same level...

And the point is that I just design them and don't run. :honest:

So if you are interested here are my TGPs and AVSs :angel:

dalimili
    While we're talking about TGP's and I'm extremly sceptical about it... I'd like to ask basschick a question or two of a recommendation:

1. What's the number of pics you usually use for making tgp galleries? I know it much depends on the TGP but let's say: MORE is better or LESS is better?

2. Do you show (in case of solo pics) the full nudity, the jerkoff... or just the first part of the pics when guy is getting undressed?

3. Do videos convert better than galleries for you?

I'd really like to know your secret for creating successfull TGPs... I've tried several times but ... hey... nothing at all, besides the enormous bandwidth leech

Xstr8guy
    We should have a permanent sticky "basschick tells everyone how to make galleries" thread. Lol

Instead of educating everyone individually, she could post all of her wisdom in one continuous thread. Poor girl... it has to be frustrating. :hmmph: