Thread: I Love The Eighties!

DigitalJay

I Love The Eighties!

I've taken my time with the music site, to do it right. I scrapped most of my old songs, starting fresh with better, more subtle tracks. I decided to go ahead and get a domain even, it's http://www.soundslikesex.com hehe. Like it? I'm probably uploading the site tonight, the only delay was having enough music to fill in the genres. By far my favorite genre i'm working on is electro, I grew up listening to pop in the 80s.

Anyway though, you can preview two of my electro tracks here:

http://www.pinkteamgay.com/music/

Right-click on the title and click Save Target As. I would LOVE to know what you guys think of these two (the electro ones), They are simple and kinda cheesy but I like them. Electro1 is called If You Spin It, They Will Come, it's inspired by early 80s electrofunk, Electro2 is called Best Friend, it's inspired by groups like Bronski Beat and New Order, I even SANG on it. I can't carry a tune for shit, so it's pretty funny. The version for the website will be minus my horrid vocals .

Thanks in advance to anyone who let's me know what they think, good or bad If you like either one, check out the other two tracks in the directory too.

Xstr8guy
    Just listened to Electro1. LOVED IT!

Imo, if you changed the the voice and had a sexy female vocal whispering "If you spin it, they will come", you'd have a hit!

Listening to Electo2 now.

Xstr8guy
    Electro2 is very good too and the vocals are befitting the style of music... leave 'em in. I like the melancholy quality of the vocals and music.

You are very talented Jay! Keep it up!

Xstr8guy
    I listened to the other 2 tracks... all very good! What software/equipment are you using. I've been wanting to mess around with music again, but I already spend enough time on the computer as it is, . Back in the late 80's I had some midi gear and I farted around, but I never got as good as you.

DigitalJay
    Thanks for giving me a big cheesy grin X I don't take personal compliments well, but I really love it when people compliment things I've made. I agree with you about Electro1, but I've long lost the files to it, so it has to stay as it is, which sucks. The vocals on electro2, I just wanted to see if I could pull off singing a little on a track, and I still definately don't think I can hehe. I agree with you though about them fitting the feel of the track, which gives me hope that if I can find someone with a great voice, I'll be set on producing something "commercially viable." I would love to be a one hit wonder, for the thrill of people dancing to and enjoying something I made.

MIDI gear is actually still where it's at with production on a computer, you just plug your midi keyboard into your joystick port and load up your favorite software. I prefer Reaktor and Reason, google them and check pricing if you are interested, it's definately a fun hobby.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I gotta say i do like those also

Hopefully once we get moving on our DVD stuff we'll be in touch with you about adding some music

Regards,

Lee