Thread: Use A Theif To Catch A Theif - Serious Question

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Use A Theif To Catch A Theif - Serious Question

Do you think this statement holds true in the adult industry?

What i mean is, should / do affiliate programs employ known 'scammers' in order to catch others ripping them off?

Id personally think it would be a wise decision for affiliate programs and anyone who deals with webmasters on a daily basis to have someone with a knowledge of the ways in which others scam people.

Much like how the FBI hires hackers etc to protect their systems and such like.

Your thoughts on this? Do we need to know how to implement scams in order to catch others doing it to us?

Regards,

Lee

Newton
    I would most definately employ hackers to protect and police systems, they are the most aptly qualified to deter others.

Corey Bryant
    Totally. I use SiteDigger to scan some websites. And this site: http://johnny.ihackstuff.com/ also helps just to make sure that you have nothig on your site that might help the hackers. The SiteDigger program uses Johnny's website as well. You do need a Google API to use the product which is free also

JustMe
    Greetings:

The previous company that I owned did work for the FBI, Department of Defense, and CIA. I can tell you, they do not hire hackers, and for good reason.

One of the cases we worked on involved tracking down a hacker that had a relationship with the Feds. Turns out he ended up stealing some classified maps of military networks, and tried to sell them to a foreign terrorist organization.

Once a piece of shit, always a piece of shit.

You can learn the methodologies of hackers, scammers, etc. without having been one. A perfect example:

FBI Profilers. I've met serveral of them, and they're amazing. They have an ability, due to research and training, to get inside of the minds of murderers and other similar criminals. And, most importantly, having never murdered anyone themselves, you can trust them....

Anyone that trusts their systems to someone that's known to have been a criminal, is just asking for it.

Radical Rick
    hmmm I think there's pros and cons to this subject. And even though profilers have never killed, it still takes a fucked up mind to get into another fucked up mind.