Thread: Help with marketing please

JenC

Help with marketing please

Hello. I'm sorry to ask such a stupid n00b question, but here goes.

I have a bisexual men paysite and inside the site I've been upselling to other bisexual sites. Would it also benefit me to promote shemale/tranny sites or do bisexual men have no interest in trannies? Thanks in advance.

Bisexual and Tranny are two VERY different markets.

Some of your members will be insulted, some will think it's lame, many will roll their eyes, but none ofthem will buy.

Trying to sell tranny sites to Bisexual men will be just as pointless as trying to sell them to gay men, which is about as pointless as selling bicycles to fish.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

oh, but welcome to the board, and remember, there are no stupid questions. We're more than happy to help out here, so just ask.

Dzinerbear
    I'm with Jasun. I think promoting she-male/tranny sites would do better with straight sites.

This is my opinion, right or wrong, it may help you. Generally speaking, I always thought that guys that were into she-males were guys who really like dick, but they're so heavily closeted or in denial that the only way they can take their dick is when it also comes with breasts.

Bisexuals, I always figured were much more open and settled about their sex proclivities.

Good luck. Welcome to the board. And there ain't any stoopid noob questions.
    Cheers
    dzinerbear

JenC
    Thanks guys, you've been a big help. Forgive me for my ignorance!

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by JenC
    Thanks guys, you've been a big help. Forgive me for my ignorance!

Sorry to have to give an opposing view..but bisexual men ARE interested in trannies and DO have sex with them. In fact, it seems a LOT of them are interested in trannies.
    I've been on phone sex lines (strictly for educational purposes I can guarantee you! grin) and hear a lot of ads of "bi" guys looking for trannies. Now whether this is going to translate to big time sales..I don't know..but then, how do you know WHO in your target audience is actually "bi" as opposed to only straight to begin with?

I don't think you can just say ONLY straight guys are interested in trannies..in fact, if you are bi (Liking both sexes), you actually do have the "best of both worlds" if you are doing a tranny.

my two cents.

Slade, it's possible you're right... but I'll tell you now that any of my bisexual friends would look at you like you were on crack if you tried to sell them a tranny site.

I think the label "Bisexual" is probably the most ambiguous one going.

It's used as a catch-all phrase by straight-but-curious men, half-way-out men, tranny lovers, closeted gay guys, people who actually DO like both sexes and just plain two-girls-one-guy action.

Yes, there are some tranny fans that would call themselves bisexaul, but for a bisexual site that has men and women, I can't see it working.

But hey.. JenC.. if you wanna try it out... let us know what happens..

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    Hello Jen! , And Welcome!

Best To Keep The Two "Seperate" , However Having A "Link" To One Another Wouldn't Hurt! :$$$:

P.S ~ On A More Personal Note , I Employ Straight , Bi , Gay , Trans , And Have Found Upon Model Requests More Of My "Straight" And "Bi" Models Are More Eager To Work With "Trans" Than "Gay"

Sincerely ~ ..."Gay Man In A Straight World!"... :francais:

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun
    Slade, it's possible you're right... but I'll tell you now that any of my bisexual friends would look at you like you were on crack if you tried to sell them a tranny site.
    Well, obviously you run around with a much higher class friends than I do. And obviously you don't do crack.

But us in the lower class set of gaymen do actually happen to know of bisexual (those who like sex with men and women)men that have sex with trannies.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    Well, obviously you run around with a much higher class friends than I do. And obviously you don't do crack.

But us in the lower class set of gaymen do actually happen to know of bisexual (those who like sex with men and women)men that have sex with trannies.
    I doubt they're higher class...probably just more uptight.

And I know what that "you're on crack look" looks like..because...well..this ain't makeup.

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun
    I doubt they're higher class...probably just more uptight.

And I know what that "you're on crack look" looks like..because...well..this ain't makeup.

Well good for you Jasun. Just keep on keeping on.

and then, of course...

i know a lot of bi men - and only a very few are interested in transsexual women. my opinion is most shemale fans are a different market.

if you're not sure, you could experiment... or even better, why not put a poll in your member area? let the members vote on it.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Personally, if the site were mine, i would be trying to upsell them to a gay site or a MMF / FFM site.

Regards,

Lee

JenC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Personally, if the site were mine, i would be trying to upsell them to a gay site or a MMF / FFM site.

Regards,

Lee
    Well Lee they seem offended at just gay upsells and feeds. Most of my bisexual clientele are married men who are still "in the closet" and the fact is that they are probably gay but having that girl still in the picture makes them feel better about it. :hmmph:

So leaping to the next step just combining a gay guy and a girl together I think of tranny.....who knows. I'll give it a whirl.

What the hell do I know, I'm female! LOL