Thread: Anyone have experience with ethnic sites?

Marc

Anyone have experience with ethnic sites?

I Have this ebony site that's going kind of slow and I want to spice it up.

If I changed it to add latinos, so it was black AND latinos, that would increase my choices of content and my potential audience, but would that be a mistake?

It might water down my niche to the point that the people who want ebony guys arent interested in ebony and latino and therefore wont buy.
    Adding latino content would mean id have to change the name, the marketing of the site and would cost at least hundreds of dollars in new content.
    So I want to make sure this isn't a mistake.

Anyone know about this niche and can give some advice?

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

My experiences....

I run sites that are in the Latino niche and have been online for the past 6 years. I have found that within this niche that while it is true that there are dark skin Latinos (Dominican's come to mind) that my members expect the stereotypical Latin look in that dark is OK...but not the "African American" look...that would be for a black or ebony site. Therefore, I do NOT mix and match the two niches. The main reason is that most of the guys who are into one or the other have plenty of sites that will supply 100% what they are into and they will therefore subscribe to that (those) sites rather than sites that try to cover BOTH niches.

I would stick to what your current site's core is about and if you find that you have enough content then create a new site for that Latin content making it pure for that niche.

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

One more thought...

If you want to "spice things up" you COULD always have action shoots with your core niche (ebony) paired with a Latin guy(s). That way, you are not straying from your core business but rather adding to it and giving it a twist.

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiB
    Therefore, I do NOT mix and match the two niches. The main reason is that most of the guys who are into one or the other have plenty of sites that will supply 100% what they are into and they will therefore subscribe to that (those) sites rather than sites that try to cover BOTH niches.
    That's kind of what my gut was telling me, but wanted verification from a pro. I'm glad you responded before I made some seriously costly mistakes. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiB
    If you want to "spice things up" you COULD always have action shoots with your core niche (ebony) paired with a Latin guy(s). That way, you are not straying from your core business but rather adding to it and giving it a twist.
    Thats an idea I hadn't thought of and I can see it working. Great advice, thank you for the help.

Whatever you decide to do... I wish you luck.. and if you need an awesome ebony sponsor.. Please check out Click Me Media :thumbsup:

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    I Have this ebony site that's going kind of slow and I want to spice it up.

If I changed it to add latinos, so it was black AND latinos, that would increase my choices of content and my potential audience, but would that be a mistake?

...here! , i'll use gay "terminology"!...your in the market for a "prada" purse! , you know that "saks 5th avenue" carries some lines of prada along with some other designers! , would you go to "saks" or would you go directly to "prada"?

sincerely ~ ...it's not just a purse!...it's prada!... :francais:

p.s ~ the correct answer would be you would go to both and compare prices! :goof: